FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Different ranks

wumingsden
My suggestion is to use different ranks, or more ranks than current. This is because at the moment we only have one rank that deals with one thing (which is a Language Moderator).

The different ranks could be:

Spam Buster (or a name with Spam in)
The reason I thought of this was because of this ~ which I believe is totally unapproapiate and it is also against the forum rules ~ http://www.frihost.com/forums/search.php?search_author=bayisa

FriHost Support Team
Only deals with the "webhosting support forum"

Frihost Accounte Creator or Frihost Accounte Excepter or Frihost Excepter or Accounte Creator
Deals with accepting new accounts.

Could anybody think of any more ?

(Credit goes to Blaster for "Frihost excepter" and "Accounte creator")
Blaster
Spam sweeper. That is a good one for spam.

Good idea WuMingsDen.
Nyizsa
Do you suggest using more rank images? Because I don't see the point in that. All you have mentioned is done by moderators quite well. And I don't think it would change if they had different rank images...
SunburnedCactus
So how many posts do you need to get to get to "Spam Buster". Wink

Really, all the mods are involved in doing most of those tasks, so they'd just have all the titles.
wumingsden
I'm not sure about rank images. One main reason I came up with this suggestion was because of I believe Mathiaus saying everyone was extremely busy. I couldn't find the exact post but heres some examples:

Of mathius:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21298&highlight=busy

Of N0obie4life:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24940&highlight=busy

my point is is that if certain changes were to come about then it would make everyones life much easier round here, Like if Bondings gave a Moderator/junior admin the privilages to the server rather than doing it all himself and if certain people's only job was to create new accounts then it would also be very organised (not saying that it isn't, I don't know).
Another advantage of this is that there is more chaace of less downtime of server 2 as currently only bondings can re-boot.
wumingsden
SunburnedCactus wrote:

Really, all the mods are involved in doing most of those tasks, so they'd just have all the titles.

Well any addition ranks should go to people that already have privilages, like mathius, etc, and people that have at least 300 posts in my opinion. I believe this should be a high number (and it may need to be raised considerably more) because members that recieve the ranks should show that they are committed to frihost. I do not however believe that it should be awarded by posts ~ you do not recieve the rank automatically ~ but you have to apply for the job and then be approved. the post count is still there. So in a way its like the accounts scheme, you do not automatically get one, you have to apply to recieve it.
SunburnedCactus
wumingsden wrote:
SunburnedCactus wrote:

Well any addition ranks should go to people that already have privilages, like mathius, etc, and people that have at least 300 posts in my opinion. I believe this should be a high number (and it may need to be raised considerably more) because members that recieve the ranks should show that they are committed to frihost. I do not however believe that it should be awarded by posts ~ you do not recieve the rank automatically ~ but you have to apply for the job and then be approved. the post count is still there. So in a way its like the accounts scheme, you do not automatically get one, you have to apply to recieve it.

So in fact rather than ranks you are actually suggesting staff positions. Sub-moderators of sorts. I see.
mathiaus
I've just goota love the way people mispell my name Laughing

Not sure what to make of these. Especially after the comment of
Quote:

I for instance am a Moderator so would be a moderator but mods are the ones who deal with spam so would I be a spma buster as well and for me an account creator or my choice and just have people who only do one job to have the new titles?

About the Frihost support. Limiting someone to just one forum can be quite depressing. People need a bit of free reign otherwise things can get nasty. Possibly a support tem who deal with support in general for scripting, images, wehosting, seo etc ??
SunburnedCactus
mathiaus wrote:
I've just goota love the way people mispell my name Laughing

Not sure what to make of these. Especially after the comment of
Quote:

I for instance am a Moderator so would be a moderator but mods are the ones who deal with spam so would I be a spma buster as well and for me an account creator or my choice and just have people who only do one job to have the new titles?

About the Frihost support. Limiting someone to just one forum can be quite depressing. People need a bit of free reign otherwise things can get nasty. Possibly a support tem who deal with support in general for scripting, images, wehosting, seo etc ??

I meant you'd be a Super Spam Busting Account Creating All Round Quality Guy Mod. Of course.
mathiaus
which is the problem. Just keep the normal ranks and maybe have a list of who does what else? Question
n0obie4life
I'm sure Bondings told me he isn't going to add anymore ranks at all.

-close-