FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

firefox problems

vignesh_natraj
i am designing a site now.
my site looks the same as the design in MS IE but in Firefox there are variations the images are not aligned what do i do.
i am using CSS and html , dreamweaver
SamiTheBerber
vignesh_natraj wrote:
i am designing a site now.
my site looks the same as the design in MS IE but in Firefox there are variations the images are not aligned what do i do.
i am using CSS and html , dreamweaver

Maybe your source is not so good or something else. You should test your site in W3.org Validator. It would tell if the code is not good or has something messy, etc.
broti
If you make a html file thats wrong or maybe a tag is missing, in most of the times IE will show it properly. But firefox wont.

You should check the tags and stuff...Go to that website Sami told you about.
bigtone
Thanks Sami. I first knew this website. It looks useful. When I used it to check msn.com, it also found two mistakes.
Great!
Technaut
first of all, firefox sucks, so define everything, even if it's value is null. that mights help you out a bit. i had the same problems, use dreamweaver to create a spacer image. then stick some in where you need them to force the images to align. if you still need help, pm me and i'll send you an email to send your site to so i can help.
Mgccl
the important thing is goe with STANDARD. some effect is almost unarchiveable by normal codes in Firefox but can be easily done in IE.... so when that happens, search the internet for scripts that already made
SamiTheBerber
At beginning I hated Firefox, because it didn't show my page correctly, but then my friend told that I hadn't maden page according standards. When I correct my page, then Firefox showed my page and even better than IE.

I learned couple of things:
  1. Don't use IE only codes, because page is not according with standards.
  2. Always check your pages with more than one different kind of browser, because then you get how pages look in larger scale.
  3. Always validate your page with W3 Validator.
AffroThund3r
I think firefox is awesome, mind you I am eagerly awaiting the release of the new IE, should be interesting to see if any of the security issues have been fixed.

I also find firefox a lot quicker at loading pages?
igmail
you may download firefox form removed.
Animal
igmail wrote:
you may download firefox form some_unrelated_website

Actually, you can't. This link seems to be an ad-supported page selling some random website related stuff, and in my book, this is classed as spamming. I'd recommend that you don't visit igmail's link.

If you're looking for Firefox, use the official Mozilla page at:

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox
James007
Website removed.