FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Battlefield 2: Special Forces

ekingisrael
Hi there!
do you have Battlefield 2? --> if you do,do you have Special Forces expansion?

what do you think about battlefield 2 and about the Special Forces expansion in particular?
Billwaa
well, I don't have it, but I am planning to get them both. I got the demo, just by playing the demo, I think it's a great game, even better than Battlefield Vieatume and 1942.

The Special Forces extentsion is awesome. Special Tools and stuff...
Dustinin
I own battlefield 1942 (and all the expantions), Vietnam and battlefield 2 (with special forces)

Special Forces is such a good expansion, battlefield really outdid themselfs with it.
krazyfire
I love this game it is so addictive i play it every day so much new weapons
TonkPilz
i got Special Forces for x-mas and im olready runing around my apartment fraging tabels, chaires and shoting paintings whit my tv remote (imagenige them being the rebels ofc)
BCP88
I really like Battlefield2 and the expantion battlefield2 special forces. I bought Battlefield2 and Battlefield2 the day that they were launched Very Happy
TonkPilz
i have bean playing Bf2 on and off for about one year now and it still rocks its a greate game some ppl dident like it coz it whasent based on ww2 but personally im sick of all the ww2 fps games.

And i have bean playing the expansion Special Forces sens it whas release'd and alot of ppl say it sux coz its only a few new maps and weapons well i feel its a bit more than just that coz the maps are a bit smaler so the pace of the game hase changed and is a bit more aggressive than the original game but a few more maps and mybe a nother game play whuldent hurt tho.

and the new 1.2 patch whas just relest yay i whas happy to find out that the granades from the granade luncher now bounce as it hits walls i whas hoping it whuld end all the GL (granade luncher) pawns but bha!! it dosent bounce inof and its cool that you now se the UAV circulate the sky's i even tink and hope u can shoot it down
Frag
I love special forces, a great expansion, dont care what people say, its good fun to play it, with the extra weapons, extra cool viechles too. The new maps are good, iron gator is a great level (aslong as the MEC SF get on the boat) there are some other great levels to play. The new weapons are great to play with, the G36E an others are awesome guns to use and are a must have, an when on public servers they absolutley own on normal BF2.

great game cant wait for Euro Forces
ultraman
hmm . BF2 , I have this one for Xbox . I had a friend talk me into this one. I was having fun for the first ten minutes , but after that is wasn't that fun for me. I hate when you have those red dots above your head and you are laying down in the grass trying to snipe. Whats the point in having tall grass to hide in from the enemy if there is going to be a red dot over your head.

I am not sure if Battle Field 1 did this or not since I didn't play it online. I didn't really like how BF2 was modern war. I do like those World War 2 games. Especially one that makes you feel like you were in it.

I really didn't like the sniping in this game unless you were far away. But, even if you were far away from the enemy and the red dot doesn't appear above your head , they put tracer bullets in the game so there is a white line coming from your gun. Over all they might as well put a big fat arrow over your head saying I am right over here, please shoot me .

Graphics were good though haha.
TonkPilz
i play the game on PC like it whas intended to be plays and thers no red dots ther ther are blue and green but only on freandlys but like in most team based fps's the enemy gets a red text above its heed ones you spot em and have hade you crosshair on them for about 1 sec

fps for consoles..... all sux
Frag
TonkPilz wrote:
i play the game on PC like it whas intended to be plays and thers no red dots ther ther are blue and green but only on freandlys but like in most team based fps's the enemy gets a red text above its heed ones you spot em and have hade you crosshair on them for about 1 sec

fps for consoles..... all sux

True, must be a console thing this Red Dot, the only time that happens in on UAV Smile

An yes FPS for consoles sucks, par from Goldeneye Very Happy
TonkPilz
ahh damn, i agree Goldeneye whas a good fps but i bet it whuld be better on a pc tho
ultraman
Oh I didn't know it was different on pc. I might got check that out. Goldeneye what in the world happen to that game. They made one and it became game of the year. I bought nintendo just for that game . And they never made another!!! lol
rory
You sure the enemy can see the dot, because on Bf2 for pc, the dots to warn your teammates not to shoot you, they had the dots on BFV (I take it your new to battlefield.) but you had to turn it on, its just a bit of security to stop accidental team killing. Very Happy
BF2 is a great game, I play it all the time, with little patches of CS: s in between.
I got special forces ages ago, but still have only played 1 game online so far.
Rory
Timoses
I wonder: Why don't they just make an update? I hate it if they
released a game and then release a addon for it after some weeks.
That just splits the community. I experienced that in
CoD. Then this United Offensive came out and there were so many people
gone to UO. Why not making an update omg?
Well.
I don't wanna say that it's not good. Just, I don't see why they do it.
Money is not everything..
rory
EUROFORCES, that will be awesome, new team new guns, new maps, and I think it's free, basically a mod that adds some new maps to the old ones and a new team to the old ones.
BOOSTER PACKS FTW!!!!
Rory
smitt04
rory wrote:
EUROFORCES, that will be awesome, new team new guns, new maps, and I think it's free, basically a mod that adds some new maps to the old ones and a new team to the old ones.
BOOSTER PACKS FTW!!!!
Rory

I wish euro forces was free but it will cost ten dollars. Anyways on to Battlefield 2, It is the best game of all time, especially special forces. Iw ish i could play it more but i dont have time.
adiutrix
Thats ten dollars US right?
If so, sweet I've got that much in pounds in pennys.
Adiutrix
Frag
TonkPilz wrote:
ahh damn, i agree Goldeneye whas a good fps but i bet it whuld be better on a pc tho

There creating a source game of it mate, so it will be on the pc and you will be able to play online.

Should be good with all the old levels Very Happy

Archive :<

rory wrote:
BOOSTER PACKS FTW!!!!

Cant wait should be a great add on to the series, get to play with the euro fighter haha Very Happy

Should be interesting, an one of the maps is gonna be The Great Wall of China, which is going to be insane, wonder if you can drive your jeep across the wall Razz
MonkeyWrench
yeah its a great game, but one way or another EA will screw everything, its what they do Razz
mcval
Anyone know when the "team-switch" glitch will be fixed. I have ended up with negative points more times than I can remember because I have killed my own people.
Battlefield 2 is great but it pisses me off that you can't destroy arty and radio stations any other way than with C4.

What are other peoples favorite vehicles? Mine is the blackhawk.
TonkPilz
Frag wrote:

There creating a source game of it mate, so it will be on the pc and you will be able to play online.

Should be good with all the old levels Very Happy

Archive :<

yeah i read about that in a swe magazin it looks intresting will be heading to ther page soon to check it out

mcval wrote:
Anyone know when the "team-switch" glitch will be fixed. I have ended up with negative points more times than I can remember because I have killed my own people.
Battlefield 2 is great but it pisses me off that you can't destroy arty and radio stations any other way than with C4.

What are other peoples favorite vehicles? Mine is the blackhawk.

that shuld have bean fixd whit patch 1.2
i agree that you shuld be abel to destroy arty and uav van whit more that c4 like whit a tank or your own arty

my fav vehicle is all the tanks and the Us speed bugy
mathiaus
-merged- (2 topics into 1)
bulek
I don't like Special Forces, I prefer rather original game. Maps in Special Forces are simply too dark, so it's not fun to play, except if you wear nightvision, but graphics sucks then.