FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Batman Series Revisited

schu1162
I heard yesterday from a source that the makers of Batman Begins are going to remake the rest of the Batman series. My source told me that the reason for the remake of the entire series is a combination of making ammends for the embarrassment that was the post Tim Burton Batman era, and also the success of Batman Begins. Can anyone out there verify this for me, and if so let me know what you think.
gh0stface
They're not really remaking the rest of the Batman movies per se. It's more likely that they are rejump starting the Batman franchise especially after the last 3 Batman movie debaucle, post Tim Burton Era, With the last one being the worst.

And yes they are making more Batman movies that will semi-follow the comics more unlike the post Burton Batman. Batman Begins was based loosely on Frank Millers Batman: Year One and a combo of other comics which I can't recollect at the moment.

I really liked Batman Begins and thought it blew Tim Burton's version away. As long as Christopher Nolan stays pretty close to how Batman is in the comics and follows the comic books a bit, I'll be happy.
Greatwolf
Batman Begins was good. It had the darkness that is supposed to be in the comics. I felt they could still improve the character, but hey.. wow, next to the previous Batman movies it SHINES! We all agree to that. I have yet to meet anyone that liked any of the fist ones better. I really felt bad for George Clooney too. He could have been a great Bruce Wayne and Batman, but they wrote the character so poorly that even the best of actors couldnt have helped save it. Batman And Robin was like watching the old TV series. Bam! Pow! Whap!

Yes, they are supposed to do more of these. Basically, these will do away with the others in a sense. Unfortunately we can never erase them from our memories. lol
Jayfarer
That was always the plan, to jump start the Batman Franchise again starting with "Batman Begins." That's why it irritates me when reviewers call Begins a "prequel" when it's a completely new start for a completely new line of movies.

THe thing is, the director, Christopher Nolan, is going to make one other film before working on the next Batman film, so we'll be without a Batman film for a while.
driftingfe3s
Batman Begins was great. I also think it was the best. The first Batman moive and Batman returns were decent as well. After that thye just started going down hill.
nakamaru
I'd actually like to see more batman movies. He's such a more real character than other super heroes.