FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ms access

akshar
i dont understand why this database is not dead yet
compared to mysql or ms sql it is very problematic and i dont know how we can use it with php or jsp
can someone give me a link where i ll find a comparative study of these databases
root
you can use google to find a link to a comparision, but Access is still around because people still use it???? for what ever reason that may be
photon
access is still used in homes and very small offices for their paltry needs. they dont need the advanced features and complexity of oracle.. so its still in use..
Bengt
photon wrote:
access is still used in homes and very small offices for their paltry needs. they dont need the advanced features and complexity of oracle.. so its still in use..

true;
i learnt to work with it at school, but i would never use it myself,
i like the mysql database more
SgtGarcia
Acces works very easy for people who don't know anything about databases. Creating a database and a form to put data in it is so easy with the wizards. You don't have to know any word of programming code. Persons with enough knowledge really prefer other kinds of databases. But it is still easier to use acces if you dont know anything.
Nyizsa
A lot of companies buy Office (yes, they give money for it), and install it on their LANs. And since managers use only Word (when their secretary is on leave), they don't feel the need of installing a better one (even if it's for free). And workers who actually do, don't have administrator privileges. That's it.
James007
Try to find the correct section for your topic next time.
-moved-
akshar
why should i worry when you are there?
Wink
romaop
Yes access is still alive. A lot of schools teach the Office package: Word,Powerpoint, Excel and ... finally ... Access. So a lot of kids know at least how to do a one table with various types of data, to make the form and to put information. When going to a real-life situation with various tables, complex relations, other skills are required, just a database expert will be capable to make the database, and he/she will choose a better software, a more professional one.
James007
akshar wrote:
why should i worry when you are there?
Wink

so that gives you a reason to be lazy?
-close-