FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DKP System for World of Warcraft

Anubis
In the last few months, my current guild has decided to accept the use of a DKP system in World of Warcraft... Stonemaul server. As no one else was willing to step up to the plate... I decided to take on the challenge. As I have never done this kind of work before I am feeling my way through it blindly.

Is there anyone out there that is either in the same shoes or have already done this before that can offer advice or tips to a noob?

Cheers,
Anubis
guardians
it really depends on who you want to view the dkp system. DKP stands for dragon kill point , idea by thott from afterlife guild on everquest. but anyway. if you want a site that shows the guild where they stand on points, guildportal is easily set up. if you're looking for something more discreet (cuz people knowing what points they have now might not be the best bet when someone else has less points, but more need of the item is awarded) http://EQdkp.com has a program too. even tho its free, donations keep the program patched and updated =)
dkp is a much easier way to distribute item, tho building the database for it might take some time.
guardians
sorry, another thing, EQDKP was set up first when it was just for everquest 1, but they did intergrate usage for both world of warcraft and everquest 2. not sure if there's more that they support, but atleast wow is =P