FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Be careful what your kids see you do...

S3nd K3ys
I've been working on my three year old son's computer. I locked it up and had to hold the power button for four seconds to power it down. My son watched me do this but didn't say anything. Last night, I was defragging it. He was in the room and I walked out to find my rum & coke. He came out shortly after me and proudly told me he turned off the 'puter' for me. I was thinking he just turned off the monitor like he usually did.

But noooo. He held the power key down just like I did 'til it shut off. Shocked

Now some of the system files got corrupted and it won't boot. I worked with computers for 2 years before I was ever able to do that kind of damage. Is this a sign?
kansloos
You serious about this, I pulled the plug on my computer several times while it was defragging, but nothing ever happened.

Is it a sign?
S3nd K3ys
kansloos wrote:
You serious about this, I pulled the plug on my computer several times while it was defragging, but nothing ever happened.

Is it a sign?

I'm serious. I've done it a couple times before while defragging. It depends on what part is being defragged when you power it down.
Loghete
Does your 3 year old son have an own computer?? Gosh. Surprised
S3nd K3ys
He's got two actually. The second is a Linux box but he doesn't use that one yet. He will when his brother is old enough to get the Windows box.

He's been flying LockON flight sim for about 7 months, (he turned 3 in Dec), and my F1 racing sim for nearly a year. (He rocks on F1, stays on the road, steers/brakes well in corners, gets mad when the AI drivers pass him Laughing .) He used to play UT2k4, but mom put a stop to that. (His uncle would stand around and let him shoot him. Such a good uncle Very Happy )
SunburnedCactus
Was that a Bacardi and coke by any chance? Wink
S3nd K3ys
Well, actually, it WAS Bacardi by Chantz. Bacardi 1873 Solera and my sons name is Chantz.

SunburnedCactus
Hah, all I've got is "Captain Morgan Dark Rum" which isn't especially great. And lemonade, which it doesn't go especially well with.

Switching to whiskey now! Very Happy
S3nd K3ys
Crap. I'm still 1-1/2 hrs away from a Rum and Coke. Rolling Eyes
SunburnedCactus
The joys of student life - finish at lunchtime and hit the campus bars for the afternoon.

Actually I rarely get the time to do it really, but then you've got to make time for a rum & coke whenever necessary.
LostOverThere
Yeah...that happens.

I hope you didn't get angry at him though, he was only trying to help.
megamass
What I can say - you have the youngest hacker at home Laughing I don't like baccardy and so on. I drink VODKA and I'am happy man Laughing