FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

problem after server up

amusic
My site contains some chinese words, i am using gb2312 for encoding. Before the site was down, the chinese words can be displayed properly. After it's up from down, unknown codes are displayed for chinese words.

Actually I have set the enconding "charset" to gb2312, but when i am opening my site, it chooses iso-8859-1 for encoding by itself. I have to choose the correct encoding which is gb2312 by myself everytime i refresh the page.

Can anyone help me about this? Confused

My site url is http://amusic.uni.cc/

Thank you.
alkutob
Yes ,,, Since yesterday I have two problems :

I couldn't login my forum as the browser couldn't couldn't display or reach the forum address when it was easy to reach any other addresses .

2. Today I have the same error you have ...
My site contains arabic language . Before the site was down, the arabic language words can be displayed properly. After it's up from down , it was good untill 15 Feb. As today unknown codes are displayed for all arabic words.

And actually I have set the enconding to Arabic , but when i am opening my Forum , it chooses Western - European for encoding by itself. I have to choose the correct encoding which is Arabic by myself everytime i refresh the page.

it is a dull work ,,so why this start to happen in this way ,,is it something wrong with the new server settings ...

I need help too

My site url is http://alkutob-jordan.frih.net/forum

Thank you.
adiutrix
Wasn't the Apache updated? maybe that's why... Seems there are no problems with my site, thanks bondings Smile
Bondings
Yes, the apache was updated and that most likely caused this problem.
alkutob
Bondings

What is the solution for the problem ...

How can it be solved ,,,

We need to use our sites ,our forums ?

What shall I do ...?????????

I even don't know exactly what is the apache??? but will search to know??

If this problem exsists my forum will not face any success ...it is a dull way to use encoding for language each time you refresh the page .

Thank you
Bondings
The new Apache was sending another charset by default as a header. The header was overriding the meta tag. I now removed that default charset and it seems to be working again. Please check from your side.
alkutob
Bondings

yes it works ....

All my respect to all your efforts

Thank you
amusic
yeah, my site is working fine now also. Thanks Bondings. Very Happy