FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MADE A MUSIC PLAYER.. HOW CAN I GET MORE SONGS?

hsadmin
Okay, I got my music player up, but I can't get more than 1 song.. How do I make it so it'll play up to like 4 songs.. So the person can choose a different song..

Linkin Park - From The Inside
Godsmack - I stand Alone
Cold - Stupid Girl
ETC....
*MUSIC PLAYER HERE*

Heres the music player code
<DIV ALIGN=LEFT>
<embed type="application/x-mplayer2" pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/MediaPlayer/" name="mediaplayer1" showstatusbar="1" EnableContextMenu="false" autostart="true" width="200" height="66" transparentstart="1" loop="0" controller="true" src="http://users.cjb.net/heavysledding/linkin%20park%20-%20figure%209.mp3.rbs"></embed></DIV>
Simulator
You could just put all the songs on one track...... make it easy on yourself
hsadmin
Takes up to much space to do that. I wanna make it also so if people want, they can download it..
Bengt
I have had a custom media player for on the web, it was ....
i kinda forgot the name lol Embarassed
hsadmin
radio blog? I have no idea how to make it..
simplyw00x
You haven't made one at all, that's just an embedded WMP control. Try a flash, Javascript or server-side solution. Google is your friend.
hsadmin
Can someone give me a site link to a place where I can get a music player I can download, and add songs to, that's easy to make? And is free
hsadmin
Okay, I got this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <player showDisplay="yes" showPlaylist="yes" autoStart="yes">
<song
path="http://users.cjb.net/heavysledding/linkin%20park%20-%20figure%209.mp3.rbs"
title="LP - From inside" />
<song
path="http://users.cjb.net/heavysledding/linkin%20park%20-%20figure%209.mp3.rbs"
title="Linkin Park - From The Inside" />
</player>

But, I can't figure out what the problem is.. When I save it, all I get is

-

^^ THAT'S WHAT THE ENTIRE PAGE LOOKED LIKE
simplyw00x
The large part of your problem is that you've just got an XML data file for a player. You don't have an actual player.

My best advice is to give up and get a clue. Seriously though, is playing pirated MP3s on your website worth this much of everyone else's trouble when you can't even understand the helpful replies you get?

Spend more time on the internet, learn HTML, learn CSS, learn PHP, build a website that people want to go to. Then, if you still want to play MP3s, find some that you're allowed to, that Bondings will let you. Then learn Javascript or learn Flash and make a player, or at least then them enough that you can get one to work.

Furthermore, don't post here asking how to learn any of these, and don't make any more threads asking how to do things. Fist, go to google.com and type in something like "Beginner PHP tutorials" or "Javascript media player" and then look there. First. If you still can't find something, look again. If you still can't find anything after that, post here.

We're not your slaves and whilst many of us are happy to help, you have to be able to help yourself as well, otherwise we have to do everything.
hsadmin
For your information, for the past 2 months, I have been searching the web for a free music player.. And, 2nd, the music I have does NOT come off another website, than my own. ALL MUSIC I HAVE IS HOSTED THROUGH MY SERVER.
simplyw00x
Yoi've just proven my point. You can delete your posts, yet you double post and let the second one stand. I expect you'll post again saying 'sorry double post', or something else eqally worthless.

Another way you've proven my point is by stating that 'for the past 2 months, I have been searching the web for a free music player'. Well you can't have been searching that well; I did one google search just to prove a point and I found literally half a dozen players that will do exactly what you want with almost no effort. I would post links, but as actually reading things and generally being competent is apparently not your fortι it would be wasted bandwidth.

Finally, your fun little CAPS-LOCK rant at me is utterly irrelevant. I don't care whether MP3 files are hosted here, another web server or the moon, the fact remains that if you provide mp3s for which you do not own the copyright, such as Linkin Park, Godsmack and Cold songs, you are breaking the law and breaking the Frihost TOS.

Seriously, maybe 2 months lurking the forum and generally lurking life would have been a better usage of your oh-so-valuable time.

Now prove everything I said right by replying and missing the point. Go on, you know you want to.
hsadmin
Okay.. Okay.. I'll email the record company to a couple artist and get there permisson.

Sorry, I am not a HTML, JavaScript, Flash wizard like you, and can get a flash or whatever music player and add songs and put it on a website very easily.

I did not mean to double post. I thought it hadn't posted, cause' it was taking so long, so I hit submit again, therefore, I will delete it!

I did -~*"NOT"*~- miss the point of your post. You were saying that since I don't have the copyright permisson from the record label to put there music online!

You thought I was dumb didn't you! Well, I'm not! Now let's see what you have to say!
simplyw00x
Good luck getting permission from record companies to distribute their music free. Not only would this cause them to lose money, but it would also set a precedent that they would not want to keep.

Besides, why would they want to give away music? Could you walk into a CD shop and just ask for a CD without paying? No.

I barely know Javascript and my Flash skills are 6 years out-of-date and never very good to begin with. My point was that I can go to Google, type in "Flash media player" or "Javascript media player", and then, without any understanding of how either Flash or Javascript play music, still have a working online media player within about 20 minutes. All without wasting anyone else's time.

So I guess that out of 2 points in the previous post, you missed one utterly and in the second one you missed the point of commerce and capitalism. So I'd say you actually missed more points than I made. Nice going.
hsadmin
My friend Shawn, from the sled team SLEDCREW, made a movie called, GO BIG OR GO HOME, which was not sold in stores. He emailed the record companies of some bands, and they didn't let him use there music for free, but some bands did. Same thing with there website, www.sledcrew.com ( quick link www.sledcrew.com/site.html ), Notice the music player?? Theres my point that some bands/record companies will allow you to use there music.