FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

can't see images

Ironz
I'm actually registered at a gaming forum but i'm having one problem with it.

I can't see people avatars, sometimes I see some peoples avatars then sometimes I don't. I also rarely see posted images.
This had become quite annoying now that i cant see attached images.

I have tried both firefox and opera, deleted the cache but no change.
I have 4 comps that ive built, all of different specs. and they all seem to have the same problem.

and there is nothing in place of the graphics, it just acts like there is just nothing there.

can someone tell me what might be the problem?
gh0stface
You might want to check your personal forum profile settings and see if you accidently checked the "disableavatar" thingy enabled. If you do, that may be your problem.
Ironz
no, it's not a phpBB forum, it's an old invisionfree v1.3 and it doesn't have that option.
also, it doesn't only affect avatars but also, attachements and posted images.
Animal
Are all the images hosted on one server (like FriHost)? Could it be possible that the images aren't loading?
Pikokola
Maybe your Internet connection or the Server of your host is prevent that to be showed, sometimes when the connection is time out, the immage will not be loaded, only the page.. Sad

check if you share the connection, is there is another people using the connection Smile
mj_loc_nl
Ironz wrote:
I'm actually registered at a gaming forum but i'm having one problem with it.

I can't see people avatars, sometimes I see some peoples avatars then sometimes I don't. I also rarely see posted images.
This had become quite annoying now that i cant see attached images.

I have tried both firefox and opera, deleted the cache but no change.
I have 4 comps that ive built, all of different specs. and they all seem to have the same problem.

and there is nothing in place of the graphics, it just acts like there is just nothing there.

can someone tell me what might be the problem?

Could it possibly be that the images you cannot see are PNG images? Some combinations of browsers and operating systems can have some difficulties. Can you please state what kind of operating system you are using?

Has nothing to do with this I think but I can remember that in the old days when the first browsers came out (before IE) there were options you could set that you did not downloaded images directly and you would have a "image" button in your taskbar if you wanted to download the images.... Just a fun note from the old days Wink

Regards,
Johan Louwers.
nuikku
I had same problem.. Kerio personal firewall blocked avatars. If you use it check your settings.