FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Turtles Can Fly

bangala
I have never cried in my life while watching a movie like I did while I was watching the movie " Turtles Can Fly ".
This is a jointly produced Iraqi/Iranian film that was done in the refugees' camps of the northern areas of Iraq. Most of the actors are non-professional children. However, I was amazed by how real these children acted. The story was based on the daily life of Kurdish refugees just before the invasion of Iraq. This is a must movie for those who want to see the real Iraqi life during the dictatorship of Saddam Hussain. Before watching the movie, however, be warned that you may end out crying, so don't forget to bring with you a box of soft tissues!
This movie has won several international awards.
For more information about this movie, see this link
http://www.ifcfilms.com/ifcfilms?CAT0=3127&CAT1=6266&SHID=19905&AID=10507&CLR=red&BCLR=
pudovkin
I'll try to rent.
I've lost my chance to watch it in a big screen.
Thanks for your impressions! Wink
Scaramanga
Man, I thought this thread was going to be about Gamera... does not deliver. Very Happy
bangala
lol what is Gamera anyway ?
Scaramanga
bangala wrote:
lol what is Gamera anyway ?

"Friend to all children." Very Happy

But seriously Gamera was/is one of the bigger kaiju (giant monsters) created back in the 1960s after the popularity of Godzilla really began to take off. He was, for all intents and purposes, a giant flying turtle. Check out the Wikipedia entry for Gamera.
bangala
Thank you for the info Smile