FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Less downtime

devroom
is it an idea that more users can restart the servers? Like noobie and others. It wordt decrease the downtime. Frihost becomes better and frihost will be known as the best free hosting server
n0obie4life
devroom wrote:
is it an idea that more users can restart the servers? Like noobie and others. It wordt decrease the downtime. Frihost becomes better and frihost will be known as the best free hosting server

I can only restart server 1. That is, if cPanel is running. If cPanel isn't running, I can't restart it ;o.
embrace.guild
maybe you should give me root access to both the servers. I dont think the servers would ever be down the. . . hmmm. jk but really it would be an awesome idea on your part
n0obie4life
embrace.guild wrote:
maybe you should give me root access to both the servers. I dont think the servers would ever be down the. . . hmmm. jk but really it would be an awesome idea on your part

GIVE YOU!?

On what basis should we give it to you?

Bondings would rather give them to his trusted moderators Smile
yjwong
Well...That was just a joke.
Bengt
Great idea; it reall is awesome dudes Exclamation Exclamation
SoftStag
I have to agree. There are times when the server needs to be restarted and we are all waiting for Bondings to come online. This causes unnecessary downtime.

I say give the moderators the facility to reboot the server.
yjwong
Maybe...global moderators or long term/active members.
Blaster
I wouldn't leave it to members but possibly to people like n0obie, mathiaus, mOrpheuS, daniel15, and the other trusted mods. (Trusted mods being those who post)
rvec
or just friends of bondings. People he knows personally. I think those are the only people he can realy trust. And maybe some of these are moderators and others are users. But just some he realy trusts.
Bondings
Currently the problem is not that a service or the server is down and need to be restarted. Those things should be done automatically. On both the servers there are several programs monitoring the services and restarting them if they fail. They are also both monitored 24/7 by the techs which should restart the server if it's down automatically or just one of the services like apache.

The downtimes were caused due to things that weren't working at all, causing a restart to have no effects. And the long time to fix them caused the long downtimes. The second server is now up without problems for over a week, if I'm not mistaken, and I hope it will stay that way.

SMCentral, we currently have two servers for Frihost. These forums are hosted on Server 1. New members are getting hosted on Server 2.
SoftStag
Bondings wrote:
Currently the problem is not that a service or the server is down and need to be restarted. Those things should be done automatically. On both the servers there are several programs monitoring the services and restarting them if they fail. They are also both monitored 24/7 by the techs which should restart the server if it's down automatically or just one of the services like apache.

The downtimes were caused due to things that weren't working at all, causing a restart to have no effects. And the long time to fix them caused the long downtimes. The second server is now up without problems for over a week, if I'm not mistaken, and I hope it will stay that way.

SMCentral, we currently have two servers for Frihost. These forums are hosted on Server 1. New members are getting hosted on Server 2.

Thanks for the clarification Bondings.
babumuchhala
Just couldnt resist to add this, Server1 has had a 100% uptime for the month of february, with just less than 36 hrs to go for february, I hope we can complete this feet of being the first ever month in the history of frihost (server1) has been up for the whole month Very Happy

The link to the uptime stats Very Happy
http://www.siteuptime.com/statistics.php?Id=21838&&UserId=35501