FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

server down??

NuniPio
are the servers down or is it just me?
n0obie4life
It's down Crying or Very sad.

*my sig does not work for server 2 now*
NuniPio
do u find out the reason why it went down? coz i remember it went down a few days ago...should we be expecting more downtime??
blackheart
NuniPio wrote:
do u find out the reason why it went down? coz i remember it went down a few days ago...should we be expecting more downtime??

mm yea, my site's not working...
n0obie4life
NuniPio wrote:

No idea. Apprantly, auto reboot didn't work ;(
blackheart
anyone any idea how long it'll be down?
n0obie4life
blackheart wrote:
anyone any idea how long it'll be down?

Until Bondings comes online ;o.
Solugon
And since this is kind of related, when will new account hosting things be accepted? As someone already mentioned, it's mid-February already. :'(
n0obie4life
Solugon wrote:
And since this is kind of related, when will new account hosting things be accepted? As someone already mentioned, it's mid-February already. :'(

Soon. We hope to start hosting again by this week or the next week Wink.
Solugon
I guess I can wait... Razz I'm just gonna work with my current GuildPortal site.

Thank GOD the forum I have isn't glued to my GuildPortal page. I can just hyperlink it from a page here, and save me the endless hours of trouble that would have ensued if I had used the built-in forum...
phx777
actually, the servers arent totaly down, theyre up and running as i see it, since directadmin works, and i think emails and other stuff works also, however default http access is not available....
n0obie4life
Erm, are you sure Directadmin works?

I can't connect to it ;\
hac
The same thing happened earlier this week. DiractAdmin and FTP were working but site was not loading. Is there something wrong with the server?
webbone
Can upload via ftp,But can't visit the sites,Must web server app have some error!I think it
devroom
10:29 (gmt +1)

Direct-admin works
apache is down
NuniPio
hac wrote:
The same thing happened earlier this week. DiractAdmin and FTP were working but site was not loading. Is there something wrong with the server?

yea thats wat i meant but i dnt think the server restarted..or did it?
NuniPio
ohh and also dnt forget to make backups and download them too...just incase
phx777
yes i loged to directadmin and checked domain settings and stuff, cause i thought something might be disabled, it worked for sure, wasnt cached...

if you ask me servers are up and running and i wouldnt be concerned about email or data loss... but yeah website is unavailable heh...
NuniPio
after wat happened a few weeks ago....i would atleast backup once a week
Lord Klorel
I hope that the server will go online very soon. Rolling Eyes

Because a lot of new members are waiting for accessing my forum.

I hope that Bondings will find time to solve the problem. Exclamation

In the meantime just wait. Rolling Eyes
blackheart
Lord Klorel wrote:
I hope that the server will go online very soon. Rolling Eyes

Because a lot of new members are waiting for accessing my forum.

I hope that Bondings will find time to solve the problem. Exclamation

In the meantime just wait. Rolling Eyes

My forums 4 days old with 19 members - I've got 2 on msn now that want to log in but can't...

Mostly I'm jsut worried about losing people interest due to inaccessibility of my site. Confused

Ah well, I can't exactly complain too much, given the conditions of the "hosting package" here.
Beggars can't be critics. Smile
Rhysige
Direct Admin Shows all services as running so perhaps apache has stopped responding...
SoftStag
This is starting to become all too frequent on server 2. I was hoping after the major hardware change things would improve, but it seems not.

I am impressed with Frihost, but I am starting to wonder whether it is sufficient for my needs. All this downtime is starting to get too much. Sad
Tumbleweed
hac wrote:
DiractAdmin and FTP were working but site was not loading. Is there something wrong with the server?

Ditto....
.....I dont think anyone bitching about it will get it fixed........but if it will let me know there I Can be of some help Razz
paulrodga
The server 2 is a not serius server. What can it be like the one? With cpanel, fantastico,... and running!
phx777
actually i preffer directadmin to cpanel, and i quite like server 2, if you dont like it you might look for another host with cpanel Razz
n0obie4life
paulrodga wrote:
The server 2 is a not serius server. What can it be like the one? With cpanel, fantastico,... and running!

Wow, if cPanel was on server 2, it'd be worst. Really Wink
phx777
in how much time should we expect the server to be online? i dont want to be pesky, but the thing is i run a guild with site and forum, and the forum frame html file is on the web server too, forums were down on sunday all day long becouse forumer.com was doing maintainance, and we had recent problems with atspace stablity, so i moved the website here and stated that the reason for it were trully stable servers, removed our mirror notice and stated we wount need it anymore lol...

so i feel kinda bad personaly for saying everything will be online and now its allready off again... thats why im asking heh....
has someone firewalled port 80? Razz
hac
All these downtimes are getting on my nerves. For once I had to start my forum from scratch and just about when things are gaining momentun the server does off again. Aren't the admins seeing this?
n0obie4life
We all have to wait for Bondings to come online, no one has access to restart it other than him Crying or Very sad
phx777
hac wrote:
All these downtimes are getting on my nerves. For once I had to start my forum from scratch and just about when things are gaining momentun the server does off again. Aren't the admins seeing this?

maybe you should find yourself some paid hosting....
Panthrowzay
did i read that right "paid hosting!"
desertwind
Hmmm... DirectAdmin works, FTP works

Only apache seems to be down. Well let's thats probably not another data loss.

Well, anyway i'm busy downloading a backup.
devroom
is it an idea that more users can restart the servers? Like noobie and others. It wordt decrease the downtime
johanfh
Could anyone with adminrights do something like "httpd2 -k restart" and post the apachelogfile on this forum? Than we can look at it with some more people to find out whats wrong...

If not, I'll just wait Wink
Now I have some more time to study instead of updating my website Laughing

I wish the admins luck!
JohanFH

Note for all those people complaining 'bout: 'server down...again?...': a freshly installed server is more likely to crash than a server running for two months or more. The newly installed one needs finetuning on the fly. So this type of problems isn't so bad for a newly installed one.
After all: the hosting is free, so be happy with the uptime!
johanfh
Hey, I just had a great idea... Do you know the old kindergartengame: 'shout until the people in china can hear you?' All the kids shout one's name very loud and then he can hear it.

Maybe if we tried that with Bondings he would hear it and come online Very Happy

(Note: if it doesn't work, it's fun to shout virtually. One loud cry from the internet: )

So alltogether now: Surprised "BONDINGS... WOULD YOU PLEAZZZZ COME ONLINE??"

(whispering so I won't disturb the echo) "JohanFH"
dkbg
Mmm...damn, I think it might be time for me to consider some paid hosting indeed. This is a nice service and all, but the recent downtimes and other issues are starting to get pretty annoying. I know Dreamhost has some nice plans...
Caesar_
yep... the sites are down again... Confused i hope it is nothing serios...
Simulator
Mail server is still up, so I'm happy
sciondestiny
Come on I just worked really hard on bringing up my new site. If they reboot the servers again I am gonna get really messed up, it took me a long while too. Hope it is just a downtime thing and not an exploit where they have to reboot!!!!
Loathing in Fear
sciondestiny wrote:
Come on I just worked really hard on bringing up my new site. If they reboot the servers again I am gonna get really messed up, it took me a long while too. Hope it is just a downtime thing and not an exploit where they have to reboot!!!!

If you don't want to re-build everything, just log in to DirectAdmin, and make a back-up... DirectAdmin is still working...
deejay-bee
I'm really fed up of those problems. Well maybe http access on server 2 will work (one day who knows ?) but for how many days ?

That was workin' until the hardware update...
hack_man_
I can't access anything!! How come some people can access DirectAdmin and some can't?

I have:
Mail,
no FTP,
no http,
no DA...
only mail...
phx777
im annoyed too but if youre fed up Razz why bothering Razz

Quote:
I can't access anything!! How come some people can access DirectAdmin and some can't?

cause youre trying to access directadmin via url, which doesent work oc since apache is down, and some of us are accessing directadmin based on port http://www.frih.net:2222/
Lord Klorel
deejay-bee wrote:
I'm really fed up of those problems. Well maybe http access on server 2 will work (one day who knows ?) but for how many days ?

Don't explode like a atomic bomb.

The entire crew is busy to repair this problem.

So i say: STOP COMPLAINING!!

I am also nervous, but i keep myself calm. Do the same and let Bondings and co solve the problem. OK?

It is a free hosting packet, but i am happy that the crew can fix problems as soon as they can.

As you know new hardware as still some illness, but after solving this everything will be allright?
amusic
Server down again. Sad Luckily I did backup last week in case something happen again. Shocked Hope that i will up soon or at least an announcement from admin. Wink
clip
Very Happy just to be sure... Download 'backup-Feb-16-2006-1.tar.gz'

^^ I don't want to start from scratch again. just in case that there will be another data loss. I had a server2downandi'llloseallmyfiles-o-phobia so i'm doing all this. Very Happy Laughing
dingdong666
Nothing is working, the site, direct admin, mail... nothing Evil or Very Mad
PureSimpleNatural
Completed Backup Rolling Eyes

Hopefully it's not a big issue and Server 2 can be up & running again soon.

Very Happy
deejay-bee
Lord Klorel wrote:
deejay-bee wrote:

Don't explode like a atomic bomb.

The entire crew is busy to repair this problem.

So i say: STOP COMPLAINING!!

I am also nervous, but i keep myself calm. Do the same and let Bondings and co solve the problem. OK?

It is a free hosting packet, but i am happy that the crew can fix problems as soon as they can.

As you know new hardware as still some illness, but after solving this everything will be allright?

Yes it is free but we must post on this forum to keep an account who doesn't work always...
sergio91pt
oh well, sever 2 is not very good, 2 downtimes in 1-2 weeks i think
the best to do is make a backup!
Came on bondings come online!
adiutrix
As long as it's not a full reboot like last time, I'm happy. Not a great fan of backups, they always break on me whenever I try uploading them but we will see.
johanfh
Hey people, please stop complaining.

I'm a server admin myself and I know a brand new server (server 2 is newly installed) is due to malfunctions in the first few weeks (That means: it might happen again in the next few weeks. Those things happen. Even in commercial hosting companies). So please, get off Bondings' back (I know I was joking about calling him but hey, that's a joke) and see what has happened: the server is down for a couple of hours. Ok.
Bad luck. Come back tomorrow. Maybe it's up then. And if your site is so important it can't be offline for 24 hours you should seriously consider getting a loan for your web-work and start your own webhosting or buy some commercial hosting service.

Ok, I guess this sounds a little harsh. The only thing I wanted to say is: don't complain! This is a normal technical malfunction for a new server. This can happen!

And Bondings and co: if you can't fix the problem, please post some logs and info. I'd be glad to help. And I guess there are more people around who can help.

JohanFH
adiutrix
I agree, you got a very good free host so give them time to polish this server, if you don't want to wait find another temporary host and upload your backup there for the time being. If not, you will figure something out. If your site is THAT important, get a paid host! otherwise just deal with it.
Enderwiggin
johanfh wrote:
a brand new server (server 2 is newly installed) is due to malfunctions in the first few weeks (That means: it might happen again in the next few weeks. Those things happen. Even in commercial hosting companies).

Not just new servers, new anything is bound to have malfunctions, but with paid hosts they can afford to have testers... just one example is video games, they dont just come right out, they test them for months/years first...
riv_
I have ftp, but no Directadmin and I can't access my site.
This server stuff is all over my head. WE've just set up an apache server to service a very small network, and it seems I'm stumped half the time.
I appreciate everyone's hard work and knowledge. But I have to admit, the timing is inconvenient. Murphy's law, i guess.
jstoeffler
I have FTP but nothing else....
I'm downloading a backup just in case...... I recommend everyone else does the same
I hope the server gets back up soon.
clip
you can access direct admin. it's easier to do back up from there.

http://www.frih.net:2222 Razz

Hope the site'll be up today. *sigh...
bjwok
i'm down, so is my site, but i can wait...

the sun is still shining Smile
JustaMin
Phew at least it's not just me. Hopefully nothing serious like last time! Oh to be on server 1 Laughing
NuniPio
i can view my DA via http://nunipio.frih.net:2222
jstoeffler
Aha.... thats why I couldn't get into DirectAdmin...
I was doing "jstoeffler.frih.net/config" because that's what I usually do and it works.
Blaster
I got DA but not mail. Good luck bondings i hope you can fix the problem.
Enderwiggin
peoples pages seem to be coming back up, i just randomly tested a few, they worked... mine still doesnt tho Neutral
jstoeffler
Yes!
Everything seems to be up and working now.
At least my page is....
blackheart
MY SITES BACK UP Very Happy
Enderwiggin
Sad mine is still down, I hope its up tommorow
NuniPio
yea mines working too now...just hope that was the last downtime we get
bjwok
i'm back up too, and my site is working also Laughing
dingdong666
My website is up as well Very Happy
driftingfe3s
Hmm, I wonder what was the problem. Nice to have things up and running agian.
dingdong666
Yeah... what really happened?
n0obie4life
Okay, the server is back up.

If your site is still not working, please start a new topic in this forum Wink

-close-
Bondings
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-27413.html

I was quite busy and stressed with the server yesterday so that's why I didn't post on the forums.

Enderwiggin, your pages should be showing fine. Maybe your php script isn't working with the new apache version. Please create a new thread if there is still a problem with it.
n0obie4life
Bondings wrote:
I was quite busy and stressed with the server yesterday so that's why I didn't post on the forums.

Don't put too much stress on yourself. It ain't really good..Smile.