FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Points.

Should the points system go back to the way it was?
Yes. For people with no time it's hard to keep an account.
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
No. People get points too easly
61%
 61%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 13

Jack_Hammer
I don't like the different points system where you get less points than before, as we have had people clearly stating they arn't on enough, before you could make a few posts and still have an account, now you have to make pointlessly lengthy statments just for the points to keep your account, surely the points are just to see who's active?

Who's with me?
Wink
Blaster
The points now are good. It helps a lot more with spam. Plus if you write a big post you are getting 3 points instead of 2.5. So I like the points as is.
mathiaus
pointlessly lengthy? Confused To get a good amount of $FRI you dont have to write a paragraph. 2-3 lines of text (in a 1024-768 resolution) is good enough.

1 liners and less which wouldve got you one point on the old system were nearly all spam or seemed uncomplete/poinless etc.

Besides I think the new system is here to stay Wink
Jack_Hammer
Okay lets see how long this text is to the points value, It is also what is a line in the little box or what is a line that appears? This isn't even a line yet... See it's quite a lot of text, I don't usually wright one lines it's mainly a couple of sentances. (This bein 1&1/2 lines).

Quote:
Your message has been entered successfully.
You earned 1.31557 Points, 1.31557 FRIH$ for that post
Jack_Hammer
It's a fair amount of text considering IMHO, I often don't need much more than about this amount of space. To post whatever it may be that I am posting. Usually a couple or three sentances.

Quote:
Your message has been entered successfully.
You earned 0.85759 Points, 0.85759 FRIH$ for that post

Not much points.
Rolling Eyes
n0obie4life
I created a topic in the General Chat forum to have the points reverted, apprantly, some people, took it as if I want to earn more points and launched personal attacks on me...*no names given*.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24625&highlight=frih

Wink
Aelita
The point system is fine. I know I complained some about not getting points in the tutorials section, but that because that's my favorite section to post in. I like sharing my discoveries with everyone and since it is a requirement to post to keep service it kinda was a double happy point. But anyway I say that to be able to say this with less critisism... YOU PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT THE WAY THE POINT SYSTEM IS WAY TOOOOO BLOODY MUCH. FREE SERVICE FOR POSTING!!!!! Shush and post something useful...
Jack_Hammer
Unfortuanlty I was a way in which time you instated changing the points system, so I had no say in whether it changed or not. Just in my opinion it seems too hard to get as many points because I don't like to write lengthy arguments, more so, as simple sum of something somebody has said or a quote from someone elses words rather than mine. Though what you don't seem to of grasped is I'm not asking you to change the FriH$ system to me that seems fine because people where getting $ too easly, but points are different they are what you need to keep your account active and should be fairly easy to sustain them especially if you havent got the time.
n0obie4life
@aelita

Bondings had asked for comments regarding this new point system. Well, I don't think he ever read the comments doh.