FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My First Concert

Blaster
So yesterday I went to my first concert. It was the Billy Joel concert. I really enjoyed my time there. They had his rodey get up and sing highway to hell why he played the gutair.

Does anyone else remember there first concert?
Ioana
My first concert was very many years ago, as I was a small child. My parents took me with them to a Concert in Hamburg in a club called Fabrik. But as I didn't understand mutch about music I spend most of the time in a special room, that was managed especially for children to play. So I now don't even remember what band it was that played there. I just remember I liked that huge old industrial place.
Jayfarer
My first "real" concert was less than a year ago, Bright Eyes & The Faint. A really great show, though the two bands didn't mesh quite well. A lot of people came out liking the opening act (The Faint) more because they were louder and more active. Their bass vibrated my rib cage.
Vlien
My first concert is quite memorable. I went to see Travis in Brussels and afterwards I wanted to meet them (had read somewhere that this was easy), so I walked round the corner outside ('cause I couldn't just go backstage from the concert hall) and then I saw all these buses and trucks and knew I had to be there. Me and some fifteen other fans waited outside for about one hour (they had a birthday party for Dougie) and then... my dream came true! I met the lads Very Happy
Caxius
my first concert.... uhm..... dover Wink
Marston
Billy Idol, Toronto, Molson Amplitheatre.

Rockin'. Cool
Jaiye
Jayfarer wrote:
My first "real" concert was less than a year ago, Bright Eyes & The Faint. A really great show, though the two bands didn't mesh quite well. A lot of people came out liking the opening act (The Faint) more because they were louder and more active. Their bass vibrated my rib cage.

Oh I went to that concert and loved it. I thought the faint getting all the energy out was perfect cause it allowed everybody to just kinda chill and truely appriciate Connor.

But my first concert was actually Yellowcard. Theyn were the opening act for a $4 show in the middle of nowhere. Fan since the beginning.

And speaking about concerts... I'm on my way to see Pretty Girls Make Graves. They're going to play a free show at UC Berkeley, who'd want to miss that?
Lennon
Bon Jovi 2002 Dublin
IceCameron
I dont like large concerts nearly as much as small concerts.
Even tho the sound quality doesnt nearly match up with the larger ones the atmosphere is so much more fun - mosh pits, stage diving etc. etc.
tdb18
My first concert was three years ago, it was a festival called "Ceara Music" where a lot of famous bands and singers of my country do their best perfomances.
But my dream concert will happen next Monday and I WON'T BE THERE because it's too far from where I live and it's very expensive too, besides I have school Crying or Very sad But I have some lucky since it will be broadcast (it's an U2 concert in Brazil, really really big thing Smile Smile )
teamkr
i really dont like bon jovi with a passion.. I cant remember my first gig really..have been to so many it like a blur. best gig ive been to this year was belle and sebastain..the dont look back tour where they play an entire album live,,., they also played songs before and after.. wish bands would do that more often..
KernEnergie
My first concert was years ago, it was a festival in England.
ainieas
My first concert was about two years ago. It was like a show that was a platform for young bands to showcase their music and also to spread AIDS awareness (concert was held on World Aids Day). My friends band was performing my songs - that made the whole experience unbelievable!
SunburnedCactus
My first concert was about 5 years ago when I played in a band at the school rock night. We only played one song (a Green Day one) but it went really well.
frenchy
My first was Travis, then Kean, then User, and lastly Kanye West, then i am going to see KAno next week can't wait
Twikki
my first concert aws download 04, best concert ever!
schu1162
The first and only concert I have ever been to was Winstock 2001. Winstock is a 3 day country music festival held in Winsted, Minnesota. I went there with a bunch of my friends, even though I really don't like country music much. I thought that it was OK, but I really felt uncomfortable spending 3 days immersed in a crowd of beer guzzling rednecks.
TheMentor
hmm first concert oowwww

ύ cant remember
Scott
My first concert was one featuring Our Lady Peace, that was alright, but I don't really like OLP. Anyways, over the summer I went to my second concert which was Pearl Jam, and that was awesome, since they had been one of my favorite badns for a long time.
jeffleo
I don't even have a first concert Sad Couldn't attend Linkin Park Live In Concert ( Singapore ) and the latest Fort Minor ( Singapore ). Missed them both! Damn, love the band and Fort Minor alot.

I must say bigger atmosphere is better than smaller atmosphere. The crowd shouts louder and seriously brings the crowd up and about. But then again, smaller crowd would also be quite fun. Smile
cyph33r
Went to see Soulfly in Cape Town, South Africa and was blown away! Wasn't a very large venue with many people so i got to go up really close to the stage for an awesome view !!
mehmetguler
my first concert is Tarkan (turkish famous worldstar) .i went there five years ago with my best friends. it was so amusing.
keedap
Well it was the best concert
BRYAN ADAMS the god of all the singers
just loved the way he hedl teh crowd awsome
Reign
first concert was Korn at Forest National, Belgium

15years old and I was amazed how cool concerts are, the whole show around it was awesome
Hippie
First concert ever was U2(back when they were cool) with Rage Against the Machine opening for them. What an opening act! A bunch of people didnt even stay for U2 :-P
adamfleming10
My first was coldplay in dublin! the 2 days later i went to see u2 in dublin! best 3 days ever!!!!
erik
Yeah!

It was the summer of 2002. A friend and me went to 'Werfpop' a small open-air festival in my hometown. We didn't knew what the program was but it didn't matter, it was a free festival. When we arrived there was a band playing. They wheren't that great but after a while more people came with T-shirts of Korn, Rammstein, Limp Bizkit and others, and some with shirts of Smogus. That was the next band. Right after the first song I was a fan of them. The music was fantastic! I'd never seen a real metal band preforming.
Now I've seen Smogus 14 times, they know me by name Very Happy
lovechiefs
As a classical pianist,I have gone to many concerts.Some enjoyable and some not.However the best musical event I went was the musical show Aida,by Elton John
Desh
Remember my first concert very well "Kerrange IIV Tour with Bullet For My Valentine + Hawthorne Heights + Aiden and Still Remains". Probably the best concert in my life since then I have been to quite a few. Coming up this april going to see Story of Year, Taking back Sunday and Funeral For a Friend Very Happy
Blaster
Funeral for a friend is a pretty cool band. Have fun! Yea i still am in love with that concert. I wish I was there again. We tried to get tickets to another of his concerts but we failed. I made this to get prepared for the show
crasso
I doubt if it is my first concert, but Bob Dylan in Ljubljana, Slovenia was definetely my first concert experience that may be put in this topic. Smile
Insanity
My first concert was a Coldplay concert in Oakland, California. It was on a weeknight too, and I had school the very next day. Concert was AWESOME - went on til about 11 or so, then got home at like 1, went to sleep at 2, and woke up 4 hours later. I couldn't stay focused in school at all that day. But it was totally worth it.
ezdookie
hehe... i am living in Perϊ... and my first concert was cool.. an Argentine band called Rata Blanca (Nice band) when i had 13 years old... now i have 15 .. hehe..
Blaster
Insanity wrote:
My first concert was a Coldplay concert in Oakland, California. It was on a weeknight too, and I had school the very next day. Concert was AWESOME - went on til about 11 or so, then got home at like 1, went to sleep at 2, and woke up 4 hours later. I couldn't stay focused in school at all that day. But it was totally worth it.

I totally know the felling. It ended late got home. Went on the computer for abount an hour. Then around 2 i fell asleep and got up at around 6:30. So like 4 and a half hours.
magal
my first concert was last year....gamma ray....really great

\o/
avblue
I don't remember what my first concert was. I've been to so many. The farthest back I can remember, though, is an Alan Jackson/Leann Rhymes concert when I was maybe...5 or 6 maybe? I have no idea. Embarassed

Edit: My mom just informed me I was 3 years old when we went to see Andy Williams in concert for a Christmas show. Razz
Blaster
Wow you were young. Was it like some kid concert or somthing? That is really young.
avblue
Blaster wrote:
Wow you were young. Was it like some kid concert or somthing? That is really young.

Hehe, no, the Alan Jackson/Leann Rhymes one was a normal country concert. The Andy Williams one was a normal concert too.
Blaster
Damn where you young. The two are really good bands. How old are you now?
talz
my first concert was yellowcard... when I was like 12 or 13
Konfunderad
My first concert was a Millencolin concert last year. It was one a weeknight and I had my dad with me (who actually thought the concert what okay.)
chucky959
My first concert was Billy Joel as well. Good times, NYC at the Garden a couple of years ago. Definately should try to see him before he is done doing shows.
avblue
Blaster wrote:
Damn where you young. The two are really good bands. How old are you now?

Haha, yeah, my family have always been pretty big concert go-ers.

I'm 17 now. Razz
dark inca
my first consert was dEUS
in beligum

visit mmm.frih.net
LA Ridge
My first concert was Ted Nugent, man was I loaded... My second concert was Queen... Don't remember that one much either. My third concert was Pink Floyd... Animals. 1975- or something. I was sober then. Wild thing happened there. Just before the band went on (A rain or shine outdoor Anahiem Stadium gig) It was about to pour, then when the band hit the first few chords of "Wish You Were Here" the clouds parted and a massive rainbow stretched over the sky!

I wasn't high either, I swear!
bluedevil7878
my first concert was Dave Matthews Band at Randall's Island, NY. The second night last summer.
H3LL5P4WN
My first show was The Smashing Pumpkins, in 1996.
breaktheRULEs
my first concert is 'Linkin Park' I went to that concert on 2004.
Frop
[quote="dark inca"]my first consert was dEUS
in beligum

Same!
Hippie
First concert was U2 with Rage Against the machine. That was back in the day when U2 didnt suck, but they had some crazy contraptions. The had some weird giant martini olive thing that would move around. In the middle of the show, they all dissappeared backstage, and then re-appeared from teh olive. It was kind of strange. I'm pissed now, because when I saw RATM it was before I really liked them, so I didnt pay much attention. Young and foolish........
meaniegeanies
My first concert was in Greece, Stadium of Peace and Friendship and the headliners were The Scorpions (!!!) back in 1989.
Talk2Tom11
my first concert was when i saw Chicago. Now I am not that old... only 20... soo i was not around for when they were really big. But i love their music and they can still put on an amazing show.
Blaster
Billy joel is older and he is still really big. Very Happy
headoncollision
Although I had got to plenty of local concerts in the area, consisting of bands nobody really knows - my first concert was just recently - on the Taste of Chaos tour.
I had soo much fun, and I didn't even like half the bands there. Some of teh bands that played were: Thrice, Story of the Year, Atreyu, As I Lay Dying and the Deftones. I had so much fun moshing, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
anxiety1
my first one was bout 4 years ago, nickelback - when they were really popluar!

since then i must have seen hundreds of bands, i've got so into concerts, i go to one nearly every other night of the week, even if its just local bands, i just love them!
allies
somtimes music can save my life!
Shewolf
My first consert... I guess that depends on how you count. I think maybe the first "real" one, wich was played in a festival-tent, was a Kaizers Orchestra/ Klovner i Kamp/Apollo thingy. I was too young to get in, but that really did not stop me...
obsessed
I had been to a few festivals before, but my first real concert would have to be Mostly Autumn, a British progressive rock band. They were really awesome and they were playing for like 3 hours.
segheriaszwarovski
Ioana wrote:
My first concert was very many years ago, as I was a small child. My parents took me with them to a Concert in Hamburg in a club called Fabrik. But as I didn't understand mutch about music I spend most of the time in a special room, that was managed especially for children to play. So I now don't even remember what band it was that played there. I just remember I liked that huge old industrial place.

really don't know
but my first big concert was KoRn in 2000 [10000 people]
later that year Green Day [4000]
in 2001 Limp Bizkit [20000]

but the biggest one was in rome in 2002 - 1st May concert [ALMOST ONE MILLION PEOPLE] the headliner were OASIS

in july 2002 OASIS [2000 people] but a good one
that's it!
karysky
My first concert was a high school concert!

Seriously, never been to one. I do hope my first one will be Rammstein, next year!

That would be awesome.
Slammer
my first gig was Evanescence at the Glasgow carling academy. Was ok lol, i liked them at the time, it was a good few years ago now....been to loads more since then, and obviously far better ones.

Someone was saying about large venues vs smaller ones, i have to say for certain bands i love smaller venues better eg ( Lacuna coil, gratitude) but for bands like the used, ffaf etc there better in big venues, i saw them on taste of chaos uk 05.

Killswitch engage put on one of the best live shows ever btw! Smile \m/ O_O \m/
macfly
my first concert : I saw the Rolling Stones in Brussels in 1973. They had just released the album "Goat's head soup" and the single "angie". I saw them in a place called "Forest National" which can contain 10.000 persons. It was the only time I saw them in a real concert hall. I saw them several times from 1978 till now and each time they were playing in a football (soccer) stadium.
ralphbefree
I suppose I was lucky to have my first concert experience be with Jerry Garcia and The Grateful Dead. A master at invoking emotions with their audience this was truely a live changing experience.
Quote:

somtimes music can save my life!
The_Gamer294
i havent had a first concert yet Sad...... but i am going to something sometime soon, its some guy that mimics other bands. idk if hes any good i forgot his name lol. we got the tickets for free though so i guess u get what u pay for.