FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Margaret Attwood

Garnet
I just finished "The Handmaid's Tale" and I was wondering if anyone else has read it? I'm finding Attwood to be a very clever author - she observes humanity in a pretty alarming way. This book has a sinister atmosphere. Her ideas in it are especially frightening since this could happen (or at least I think it could) to some degree if the same things were to happen to us. Any thoughts people?
vlnjodie
I love Margaret Atwood. I have read Oryx and Crake as well as The Robber Bride. When I read Oryx and Crake I was involved with a Barnes and Noble online reading group, and she contributed to the discussions. Oryx and Crake also has an errie feel. I still need to read Handmaids Tale and I want to read Blind Assassin.
Jayfarer
The Handmaid's Tale is the only work of hers that I've read. I like it, but it's not a favorite.
SunburnedCactus
I enjoyed Oryx and Crake a lot, though yes it does have a creepy atmosphere about it. Handmaid's Tale is a set work for English Literature at my old school.
Timoses
I read the Handmaid's Tale for English class. I like the book and the imagination is just weird but could be too true. At the same time it's just so
irreal and unimaginable.