FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Could this be installed ?

wumingsden
Could 1 2 3 Flash Chat be installed by me ? I've read the FAQ and i'm a little confused. I know that I could run it off my own computer but i don;t want to. In the FAQ located here http://www.123flashchat.com/faq.html is says:

Quote:

19. Can 123 flash chat run on shared hosting?

Most shared plans don't allow running standalone server application, we suggest VDS( virtual dedicated server) /VPS(virtual private server) host plan which is cheaper than the dedicated server to run 123 flash chat.

Only ftp account is not enough to install 123flashchat on your server, you need telnet or ssh authority to install it.
We offer affordable chat hosting service. You can get a chat room easily and leave chat room installation and maintenance all to us.

Note: Even if we host chat for you, the existing database at your web host can still be integrated with chat after you uploading a dynamic web application like a php or asp or jsp file to your web host by following our further instructions.
n0obie4life
Yes, these chat programs are allowed.

We meant it by running an IRC server off Frihost.
wumingsden
n0obie4life wrote:
Yes, these chat programs are allowed.

We meant it by running an IRC server off Frihost.

Thanks, now all I need to do is find out how to install it.

I guess this Topic can be closed
Bondings
I don't think you are able to install it on a normal hosting accounts. It looks like a real running program like they say.
mathiaus
yup your right. I looked at this product for ages and couldn't figure out how to get it to work on normal hosting. support said it wouldnt.
Either pay for a vps like they suggest, make and host your own server or use a different script. I suggest http://www.tufat.com/script2.htm flash chat. it's $5 (2-3) though but thats not much.
wumingsden
I kind of thought that it wouldn't be possible because all I fount was that it was run by application instead of script. I came across FlashChat the other day but I would like the chatroom to be intergrated with my phpbb forum which is why I was interested with 1-2-3 Flash Chat in the first place. I think I may host it myself which i know is a possibility.
Does anybody know of a chatroom script that can intergrate with phpbb? I have looked around a little and haven't seen none that i really like. I also don't mind paying for a script so if anybody knows any then i'd really appreciate it,

(could you please ignore my post above and not close this topic, thank you)
R2.DETARD
http://tufat.com/s_flash_chat_chatroom.htm
if, by integration you mean keeping the usernames+passwords then that is the baby.
it features customizable backgrounds, text etc. and multiple public/private password protected rooms.
you also get the sourcecode.
it costs $5, but it does work, check out
www.nobodylikesonions.com for an example of how it works in a phpBB context.
mathiaus
The script I suggested and was also posted just above this one works with phbb and many other forums/bb's and even custom user management systems. I use it on my site (though not available yet). Just installed today. Really easy to do as well Very Happy
n0obie4life
Bondings wrote:
I don't think you are able to install it on a normal hosting accounts. It looks like a real running program like they say.

my bad. I didn't check the website Smile.