FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Audio problems / comp lag

Dark-Tech
My audio skips- all of it whether it be on startup- the Windows sounds or whether im trying to listen to a song or a video. WMP10 - seems to show me that it is not really skipping but jumping the audio in a song and the song timeline just moves forward -it played one minute of a song in like 20 secounds
the windows startup sound - sounds kind of statticky with skips and jumps
i also have noticed that my entire system seems like its running slow - slower than it should i mean its a little old but it isnt doing anything high maintenance

in adition i just reformat the C: drive and installed a fresh copy of Windows

Process list at most times is

and the sysem is

i ran an AD-Aware full system scan checking for all risks
and an Ewido-Antimalware scan,
returnin not threats
and i reinstalled WMP10
and i reinstalled my Audio drivers / card
and i reinstalled my Video drivers / card

Also im pretty sure these are just for my TV video in card which i never installed- never had a problem with them being there in the past but incase someone knows they aren't for my video in card

in Device manager
Dark-Tech
ive' just updated to service pack 2 problems persist
vicskyline
If u have the disk reset your audio and chipset drivers. It can be found on www.intel.com for chipset, but you have to check for your audio hardware.
Xeniczone
Is your processor getting cooled correctly?

When a pentium 3 overheats the computer crashes.

When a pentium 4 overheats the computer slows in proformance.

Check your processor tempiture if it is running at about 100F I would guess for a comptuer that slow. You should be able to check temp. in the comptuer bios.
Dark-Tech
i decided to clean the computer the cooling unit and reinstall windows once again currently it is working properly
Xeniczone
yeh that happend to my comptuer just needs a good cleaning...

I guess your welcome.