FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

australia day

bjwok
hi folks,

just wondering how everybody else spent australia day last month?

we had a corker, but i won't blow it all here, the story, pics and footy are all at my site today:

http://www.bjwok.frih.net/

check it out...
nik
lol australia day nice Very Happy i dident' knew about it :p
Soulfire
Australia Day... Hmm... Hooray for the Aussies! I just learned about Canada Day too, and Bastille Day really too.
David_Pardy
I bludged. Had a barbecue. It was good.
bjwok
bbq is not bludging! it is hard work mate!

any other aussies out there in fri land?
David_Pardy
No, *I* bludged Wink. Other people looked after the bbq Very Happy.

I was on annual leave too, booyah Very Happy
bigdan
I spent it at home, watching the cricket. Nothing too serious Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Shawnie
Hi bjwok

I'm an aussie based in melbourne and just joined to today. I had a great day at a bary at a mates place
bjwok
hey dj palmer, nice one man - get someone else to do the work! yeehaa!

nice site you got there too champ, good to see another personal page here (as opposed to multitude of 'forum' style sites!)

hey just a question, how do you have the current day and date appear on your site like that? is there some code that I need to be using that i don;t know about yet?

g'day shawnie, welcome to the frih champ, you got a site coming then?

aussie aussie aussie!
bjwok
hang on dan, i think i figured it out:

<script language=JavaScript
src="vnu_datestamp.js"></script></td>

might try adding this to my site, looks sweet!
bigdan
bjwok wrote:
hey dj palmer, nice one man - get someone else to do the work! yeehaa!

nice site you got there too champ, good to see another personal page here (as opposed to multitude of 'forum' style sites!)

hey just a question, how do you have the current day and date appear on your site like that? is there some code that I need to be using that i don;t know about yet?

Hi! Very Happy

Thanks for the comment. I'm in the process of changing my site to a Apache/MySQL powered site, but it won't be a forum Very Happy

And as for your question...you indeed answered it in your next post. It works nicely Very Happy

Cheers, mate! Very Happy
LostOverThere
BBQ.

Hurray! Day off. Cool
bjwok
seems like all the aussies had BBQ's!

how about the hottest 100? anybody tune it to it?

i thought wolfmother should have taken it out personally...
madsencarl
http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24859

Plus a bit belated, don't you think?
RiCtee
Melbournian here!! Very Happy I still remembered that it's soooooo hot on Aus Day. 40 degrees celsius. I spend my day in the outskirts where it's not so hot. I also went to see the fireworks display in the city. They were thinking of banning the fireworks, but finally didn't.
bjwok
my australia day post was only belated because it took me that long to edit the footy together...
Jack_Hammer
Aussie Aussie Aussie!
I don't celebrate Aussie day, as I am Englsh, adn therfore genetically better than you.
Wink
Vrythramax
Forgive my ignorance, but being from the US I have never heard of Autralia Day. What exactly is it? I take it is some kind of day of celebration, but what exactly are you guys/gals celebrating?
bjwok
jack-hammer: it's funny just how many "genetically better" poms there are in australia on a one year work visa! lol!

and to vrythramax, australia day is where aussies of all background are suppossed to celebrate their history. unfortuantly, a lot of times it winds up being a day of racisim and violence due to the 'tepid' history of settlement that this country is party to.
Vrythramax
Thank You bjwok....I had never heard of the holiday before. Is it a legal holiday, meaning do you get the day off of work and such?
bjwok
yeah, it's a national holiday and we get the day off work.

also, in sydney it is usually the same day as the big day out, which makes for a fun day of beer, music and aussie yob-dom!
nopaniers
I was working in the morning (don't ask). In the afternoon went down near the river (Brisbane River) and played French cricket and UNO.
teamkr
i spent the say dodging drunken aussies in london.....those guy sure can drink :)
hades9366
This was the first time I was in the country for it in a few years. I did the BBQ thing how could you not? Not a bad day until I left my mate's place and picked up a drink-driving charge. That and seeing all the flag-carrying, VB-drinking patriotic yobbbo's chanting "aussie, aussie, aussie" while listening to Jimmy Barnes from their piece of crap utes and driving in pointless circles made me want to leave the country again. But maybe it was just the fact that I was walking.
bjwok
hey hades9366,

you gotta wonder who was the bigger aussie yob; the guys chanting with the flags or yourself drink driving!

(not ahving a stab, but they are both pretty 'aussie' things to do!)
hades9366
bjwok wrote:
hey hades9366,

you gotta wonder who was the bigger aussie yob; the guys chanting with the flags or yourself drink driving!

(not ahving a stab, but they are both pretty 'aussie' things to do!)

True and probably guilty as charged.

Don't take my ranting too seriously. I like Australia but excessive patriotism scares me and I think Oz is becoming more patriotic because of the terrorism/boat people fear campaign being run by Howard.
activate
I forgot about Australia day, everyone was wearing green and gold and I was wondering what the fuss was about. lol
thiamshui
when's australia dae? hmm.. australia muz b a very nice country.. i dun hav a chance to visit though..
TaeKwonDoGeek
I didn't know we had an Australia day