FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

So you're STILL using Internet Explorer?? Patch it!

S3nd K3ys
Yahoonews wrote:
Spyware Barely Touches Firefox

Internet Explorer users can be as much as 21 times more likely to end up with a spyware-infected PC than people who go online with Mozilla's Firefox browser, academic researchers from Microsoft's backyard said in a recently published paper.

Looks like they tested unpatched versions of IE and FF. It also says that IE has tightened up security (activeX), one of the biggest problems with IE.
wumingsden
I didn't know how **** ( <--- done by myself, not a filter) IE was until I downloaded NetScape, the best decision I've ever made Very Happy
James007
This is not the appropriate section... lets move it to computer thingies...

Moved to computer thingies...
ChrisCh
anyone who still uses internet explorer is crazy in my opinion!
n0obie4life
Who told I.E. users to visit pr0n?

Wink

Anyway, I still use I.E. because, FIREFOX MADE ME LOSE DATA 8 TIMES. It crashed, boom, all my bookmarks, extension configs..gone.
cheeta
i am use IE 7 beta... it doesnt look very bad... but i still feel FF or Opera is better n stable...
ChrisCh
n0obie4life wrote:
Who told I.E. users to visit pr0n?

Wink

Anyway, I still use I.E. because, FIREFOX MADE ME LOSE DATA 8 TIMES. It crashed, boom, all my bookmarks, extension configs..gone.

wow! ive been using firefox for about a year now (including beta releases) and ive never lost any data from it whatsoever! luck of the draw i spose!
ocalhoun
Stop using IE. Give hackers a challenge.
(They're getting bored.)
BugBear
well considering that firefox has to continually patch it inorder for it to work properly while IE only patches it on a once in a while basis i think ie is doing pretty good (stable unlike firefox that has to have tons of fixes for it to be used Shocked ) firefox is very hot right now cuz everyone's trying to kill MS Razz (wait lemme correct that it WAS hot Razz)
mckenneth
been using IE eversince... i think more people use EI than any other browser...(base on my opinion).. coz wenever i check my website's stats... 75------90% of my visitors are IE users...
oh0092
I think that the nearly only reason why people are still using IE is that they're so lazy. I've even seen people who think that IE = Internet.
I've been using Mozilla (firefox nowadays) now for about three years and i've no reason to use that IE sh*t. Smile
manumiglani
well I use firefox so don't have to do anything.
psihich
I' m using firefox for a year now and my pc is still virus and spyware free for the first time. Even if I tried to have a clean pc it wasn't possible with internet explorer and I 've never searched pron. I still don't bealive why I hasitated so much to switch couse it's so positive change, I deffinitly recomand u firefox or opera since now is ad-free.
Animal
I'm locking this thread because it's gone way off topic. This didn't start out as an Internet Explorer vs Firefox competition.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-1086.html

-close-