FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Transparent GIF/PNG in Photoshop

Atti
A few months ago I couldn't figure out how to get my images to be transparent. I found a nice tutorial for photoshop and ever since, I've been using it.

The tutorial is here: http://absolutecross.com/tutorials/photoshop/basics/transparent-gifs/

NOTE: PNG is a much nicer quality, however in the ever-so-common Internet Explorer 6, my images always seem to have a tannish color instead of transparent. So tell people to get IE7, Firefox, opera, or [insert fav browser here].

-Atti
photographerguy
png is also (usually) alot bigger. i personally use them only when i need a transparent background for something. i was just trying to say they can be bigger, each image format can have it's advantages/uses.
aningbo
but hey have u tried adding bleding options to the transparent gif files and actually check their resolution???

they are bad and just cant do anything with it!! any tutorials for that... i dont need it but i would like to know..... i would need it ...sooner or later for some good tutorials...lol

thanx for the link buddy.
rUiSu
No, png is no bigger, you can adjust the compression in GIMP to 9, so its much smaller that jpg, some times Razz, because if it has lots of diferent colors, it will be bigger, but if containfs fiewer colors, its just like a zip
opulentdesign
I also think that you can use fireworks to do the same thing and you can get an even sharper edge than photoshop. At least that is what I think personally. If you are not familiar with fireworks from macromedia, you can download a free trial version for 30 days and it has full capabilities no doubt! It's nice that they give a full version for 30 days.
Panthrowzay
if you minimize the number of frames and layers it is about as big, it is vector based
Bengt
i prefer PNG > GIF
just try it out and you will immediately see why Very Happy