FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sleeping

Jerry
i have a really bad sleeping disorder...i cant help sleeping anytime during any of my lectures...or wen i am watching a movie...or just talking to my friends...hehe...i LOVE sleep Very Happy

happens to you guys too?

Sleeping Beauty
SamiTheBerber
There is sometimes very boring at school, specially in History class, so I might fall asleep. If I have long day behind, then it could sometimes be so draining that I'm very tired, so I could fall asleep during anything. You are not alone Wink
DecayClan
I basically sleep about 6 hours a day...I have no free time left to do so...But even when i do have time, i don't sleep...I am afraid that i have got used to none-sleeping...I believe that now i have more time Smile . With ony 6 hours of sleep a day, i have 18hours left...But i wish i could stay back and relax though...Kinda strange, but sleeping is something disarible, although very time-consuming.
cycus
I sleep for about 7 hours a day. In the school days during every Physics lecture I feel so sleepy that its ver hard to keep my eyes open. Smile
WebSiteGuru
Jerry wrote:
i have a really bad sleeping disorder...i cant help sleeping anytime during any of my lectures...or wen i am watching a movie...or just talking to my friends...hehe...i LOVE sleep Very Happy

happens to you guys too?

Sleeping Beauty

If you snore, when you sleep at night. You might want to look in to it. You might have Sleep Apnea. And if you do, that is bad and it can cause you to have other things like stroke. Very Happy Just a friendly advice. Wink
Lied
Sleeping is a waste of pricious time even if it is realy nice. I try to sleep 7-8 hours only, if i sleep more, i feel tired all day and want to sleep again. i wish i could sleep and get rested in one hour.There are so many things to do and so little time!
Lennon
Sleeping as little as 2 hours a night; this is normal everyday for some monks I know - very religious

You need 60-90 minutes with deep sleep included before you enter the Rapid Eye Movement (REM) phase of sleep. This is the time for dreaming, unconciousness unwinding and regeneration. This lasts about 30 mins and you reenter the deep sleep phase, where your brain heals itself and you are immobilised (cannot move your muscles). The cycle lasts about 2 hours and is repeated constantly until you decide to wake up.

You need about 8 hrs of sleep a day. Less than 90 mins sleep and you are really likely to feel devastated and horrible without your REM.

My norm is 8 hours.
speedlikecy
i am loving sleep when study or working....
but when i am playing ....i din sleep
sovkipe
i sleep between 4 and 6 hours by night and i'm not always tired Exclamation
Shawnie
I am a very bad sleeper as I find it very hard to unwind after work
lyndonray
yeah, i like sleep a little too much. It' just that it is so damn good. But usually sleep 7-8 hours during the week and much less over the weekend. That's why mondays are Satan's gift to the earth.
Lacerate-
Yea I find it hard to fall asleep when I need to but when I'm at work or doing something important I seem to get tired alot more quickly. For people who can't go to sleep at night I don't think sleeping pills is the answer yea it will help but its better to fall asleep without them in my opinion.

I normally sleep maybe 4 hours and im rdy to go .... you can sleep when your dead Laughing
WebSiteGuru
I love to sleep too. But with the way my day is I only get maybe about 4 hours total sleep time.
Tumbleweed
I have 7hrs or less sleep a night.......I am told its near impossible to wake me......and I never remember any dreams Sad
Lacerate-
tumbleweed wrote:
and I never remember any dreams Sad

How do you know if you even have dreams? Smile Laughing
Bengt
when it comes to sleeping:
try to make certain rituals before going to bed, make sure your head is empty Very Happy
Tumbleweed
Lacerate- wrote:
tumbleweed wrote:
and I never remember any dreams Sad

How do you know if you even have dreams? Smile Laughing

As I cant remember any I dont know how I could answer that...unless I sleep looking in the mirror Razz
Lennon
If you wake up immediately after Rapid Eye Movement (see above), you'll remember your dreams. If you wake up after deep sleep you might take a few minutes to revive.
Slick
i find it very hard to sleep... i always have too much goin on in me head! and i become restless....

i usualy only get 4 to 6 hrs a day then after about 6 months i wake up usually earlier then normal but cant move - im literally paralised!!!!

that lasts for the rest of the day with few cold sweets, few aches n pains thrown in for good measure.. then have a good nights sleep from about 5pm till 10 am then next day...

after that im fine for another 6 months lol!

Laughing
aerialdreams
maybe I'm just weird, but I need an excessive amount of sleep everyday. I mean, I sleep about 7 hours, which is not too bad considering many people sleep less than I do, but I still get so tired during the day that I would fall asleep in one of my class (and it always seem to be that one class, and the strange thing is, that class is really interesting and I like it). This is really bad considering I'm applying for this good high school right now and the grades really count... T_T My friends always say that my eyes are "bleeding" since they are so red from lack of sleep.... that's sad. But then again, I remember reading in one of the medical books that the lack of sleep accumlates on itself, so I guess all these years of not sleeping enough is finally getting to me! ^_^
Starflier
I sleep from 10 to 7. Every night. Without Fail.

Mind you, it took lots of retraining and on some nights when I loose sleep at night I have trouble getting up in the morning.
Seregwethrin
Jerry wrote:

happens to you guys too?

Sleeping Beauty

I love sleep too Smile. When i wake up, if i wanna sleep, in any case i sleep Smile. School, work vs.. not important, sleeping is better than all Wink
sidewinder
my fav past time man.....
I ove sleeping Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
amusic
When you feel bored, sleeping could be the best way you spend your time. I sleep 8 hours a day, not too much not too little. Sleep too much will make my bones fell pain, if i sleep too little, i will be tired. Perhaps will sleep when watching tv or during the lecture.
Davidgr1200
Quote:
Sleeping is a waste of pricious time

No it isn't. There are a lot of things which your body and brain do when you are asleep. Without sleep you would not be able to function normally. I do wonder why some people need more sleep than others though.
WebSiteGuru
amusic wrote:
When you feel bored, sleeping could be the best way you spend your time. I sleep 8 hours a day, not too much not too little. Sleep too much will make my bones fell pain, if i sleep too little, i will be tired. Perhaps will sleep when watching tv or during the lecture.

Man, hearing that make me feel like kid again. That was the last time I even have 8 hours of good sleep.
leat397
Jerry wrote:

happens to you guys too?

Sleeping Beauty

me 2, I can't escape from falling asleep when i m in lecture...
but i dont think it's an disorder Razz
Technaut
i sleep for about ten hours a night. i never seem to sleep good and be rested. i always get up really tired. i wish i didn't have to sleep at all, cause it just seems a waste of time.
adiutrix
I have a real sleeping disorder on the school bus!

Never do I want to sleep like I do on the bus, not even at night, not even after... well you know Confused
placebogirl
I stumble on this thread at 3am ... when I should be sleeping! I've had sleep needs varying between four and ten hours a night as an adult. Only needing four rocked, I got so much done.

As for falling asleep in class...once, when I was very anemic, I actually conked out in a tutorial with two other people and a lecturer I loved. Another time I fell asleep in an exam... I really can sleep anywhere, when I am desperate.
thiamshui
i normally sleep late at nite.. i do get sleepy when it comes to lessons but when it comes to computers n fun stuff, i'm wide awake.. seems perfectly normal but isn't really good to your academics..
planet
Well I have given my son the advise to sleep at work so he can have fun afterwards ^L* =)
ekingisrael
i got a really bad sleeping disorder,because of the quantity of homework i get,and because of me being addicted to computer-i somehow find myself sometimes just sterring at the computer screen.... go figure it out.. lol
computers is the worst curse,after women-but as we all know-YOU CAN'T LIVE WITH THEM,AND YOU CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THEM....
Idea Arrow Twisted Evil
Starflier
ekingisrael wrote:
i got a really bad sleeping disorder,because of the quantity of homework i get,and because of me being addicted to computer-i somehow find myself sometimes just sterring at the computer screen.... go figure it out.. lol
computers is the worst curse,after women-but as we all know-YOU CAN'T LIVE WITH THEM,AND YOU CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THEM....
Idea Arrow Twisted Evil

Woah, get some sleep dude...
Vrythramax
Slick wrote:
i find it very hard to sleep... i always have too much goin on in me head! and i become restless....

Normally I have no trouble sleeping, but when I do the reason is more than likely because I have to much on my mind when I go to bed. Sometimes I get a thought in my head before bed and I just worry it to death while laying there, next thing ya know 2 or 3 hours has past. It's especially annoying when your wife is sound asleep right next to you...when that happens I usually "accidently" wake her up Twisted Evil

Don't blame me, this is the new millennium, misery not only enjoys company...it demands it!
Jack_Hammer
I'm an insomniac, so no sleep kinda comes with the territory...
Wink
Jamatu
I have normal sleeping patterns but my g/f's are totally bizzare, she usually sleeps around 12 hours a day and then has naps for a couple of hours during the day time. If I try to wake her up she goes insane, so i've learnt to just leave her until shes ready to get up Razz
DarkJedi323
Since i started university i couldn't sleep over 5 hours. (except holidays) Midterm exams, difficult homeworks and also internet. Rolling Eyes I really want summer for more sleeping. Laughing
manumiglani
Jerry wrote:

happens to you guys too?

Sleeping Beauty

I am real sleepy in lectures.

Laughing
FrightKnight
Jerry wrote:

happens to you guys too?

Oh my goodness... are you serious? That's weird. Anyway all I feel is a little tipsy at work but not to the point of falling asleep. I never fell asleep in any of my subjects when I was a student. Anyway, I know lots of officemates who just fall asleep in the middle of the day. So i guess you're not alone after all.

Cheers!
Denvis
I sleep 7 hours on week days and up to 10 hours a day on the weekends/holidays. My oh my, i love sleep. At school, maybe english lessons when everybody is watching a crap n' boring movie i tend to fall asleep then.
Moshkin_Khan
I have about 8 hours of sleep, but am constantly tired even if i get more or less sleep, I still feel tired. :@
Fanghai
cheers for 3 pm nap rituals. All day every day. I can't help it. but i don't sleep randomly during lectures with friends or watching movies like you. I'm more of a routine sleeper
Wolf1918
I've had insomnia for years. Plus my internal clock got screwed up by a late night job I had not long ago. I have to admit that I was a 'night owl' even before that job. But now I find it very difficult to sleep during 'normal' sleeping hours. (at night) I can go to bed at midnight or 1am and still be awake at 3am, 4am or longer.

Usually though, when the sun comes up I can sleep, at least for a few hours. I try not to nap during the day because that tends to make me feel worse and makes it that much more difficult to get to sleep during those normal hours.

I don't like to take medications to help me sleep because they tend to have a stronger than normal effect on me. Putting me into almost a coma state that it is extremely difficult to wake me up from, as well as causing me to sleep for 12 to 18 hours at a time before they wear off. I tried those medications exactly once and found out that it was too dangerous for me to use them. Before my wife died, I was her caregiver and if I was too deeply asleep, and she couldn't wake me when she needed me, it would have been a disaster. Her health was very fragile and she needed emergency care frequently. I couldn't risk sleeping too deeply.

Chad
tony
Hmm; I can understand with the lecture point. I've had the same issue in the past Razz But talking to friends?? Hrm.. hope it's not too bad...
spring567
I can't sleep when it is time to sleep , so I am tired when I am working . I want to sleep now .
JessieF
I sleep between 8-10 hours - that is if I go to bed early. Otherwise I get around 5 hours.
desonium
I love sleeping too Cool
I really like it, especially in the morning, when you dont have to get out of bed Cool
Or when I played soccer that day and after went out, then I am broke and then I sleep very deep, that is very nice Cool
soljarag
I used to always fall asleep in class.. I couldn't help it, i tried to hard to stay awake but nothing worked.

I felt sooo bad because i knew the teacher could see me... I'm sooo glad i graduated so i don't have to do it ever again!
rvec
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-11302.html
-close-
This close is part of rvec's big general chat cleanup