FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problems With Php Memory Size

smokey4life
OK I'm running a game on my account for beta testing purposes. Every time i try to generate my maps with the PHP GD extension and I keep getting this error
Code:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 950 bytes) in /home/smokey4l/domains/runesource.frih.net/public_html/arcane-empires/admincp/includes/mapgen_funcs.inc.php on line 118

So i guess you guys have this set really low? Is there anyway to correct this problem seeing as i only have to run this script 1 time a month? So i wouldn't be eating up system resources, which i understand is the reason you guys have this set as it is. Smile Thanks in advance,

Smokey4life
Bondings
Please try again. I now adjusted the settings a bit.
smokey4life
Well thanks for the speedy response however this did not fix the problem, i still get the same error message.
Bondings
Sorry, I confused it with mysql, you were talking about php. I changed the php limit to 12MB now, but I don't really like doing it as it might cause a much higher memory/resource usage.
smokey4life
Yeah i understand that, i wish there was a better way to handle this seeing as i only run this script once a month 2 at the very top so it wont make any dent on the servers resources whatsoever.

It did work now by the way tho, i cant believe how helpfull this place really is, i dont know any other PAID hosting that gives this much attention to each users needs. Thanks again!