FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What bulbs the most economic?

sisadmin
What bulbs the most economic? Shocked
boringest
i guess the fluorescent ones are more energy efficient than the tungsten/argon ones i guess.
ocalhoun
LED's
*edit*
No, wait...
Fire is the most economical source of light.
RA
Are you talking about economic short term or long term? Because in the short term, regular bulbs are the best because they are so cheap and easy to replace. If you are talking about economic as in consuming less energy, then the LED bulbs coming out are what you want to get -- however, they are very expensive so you really don't save any money by getting them, unless you are assuming the LED bulb won't stop working and you use it for over a year.
LeviticusMky
Get fluorescents. They're heartier last much much longer than traditional incandescents. They also use much much less energy.
skaccomatto
I don't like fluorescents bulbs because of their "cold" light... that makes all the people in the room look very pale and sick!!

I like incandescent lights, and most particular the tweakable ones, so I can increase or decrease my light depending on my needs.

Neon is very economic too, but I don't like that kind of light either, and more important, it can damage your eyes.
ocalhoun
Thought of a more economical light source:
Sunlight and glow in the dark.
During the day just use sunlight. During the night use glow-in-the-dark materials.
byt
well as you don't actually say the bulbs must be electric or even give of light then I would say Daffodil bulbs cos you plant em and each year they flower, they cost nothing to keep or run and produce a saleable flower each year Laughing Laughing
thiamshui
fluorescents.. or candles!! Very Happy