FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Domain setup woes

noliver
Hi,

I have been trying to set up a domain called tvchat.co.za
The registrar has an automated process and it keeps on failing
on " COZA: FAIL: No correct nameservers found at all for "tvchat.co.za"
Maka
Is co.za a free domain?, if so it may not work same thing with .za.com.
noliver
Hi Maka ,

Nope - CO.ZA is a PAY domain. I am aware of the problems with ZA.NET and ZA.ORG ( which are free ) so I did not take that route.

Unfrotunately I ran into CO.ZA which seems to be the only domain in the world that does not allow you to park a domain. They also seem to be the only domain in the world that has a problem with the "Frihost" nameservers.

According to their letter ( below ) the Frihost nameservers are not set up correctly. Talk about "attitude". I just asked them to "reserve" the domain because I am clearly having problems in setting it up - and they refused.

So if someone else grabs the domain while I am setting it up then it is just bad luck.

====reply to my letter asking to reserve the domain so long=====
"
We do not reserve domains,you need to register it.Please contact your
host and ask them to add a SOA record for your domain,they also need to
setup the nameservers properly.

Regards
Murunwa
"

========================

Cheers,
//\\//ick.
Maka
Ok, bondings will have to take a look at that then.
Bondings
Maybe if I make you a new account with that domain it will work. Or do you need the subdomain. I see no other option as cpanel doesn't want to add the domain as an addon or parked.

Something is really strange with that domain. If I do a whois search, it says it's not even registered.
noliver
Bondings wrote:
Maybe if I make you a new account with that domain it will work. Or do you need the subdomain. I see no other option as cpanel doesn't want to add the domain as an addon or parked.

Something is really strange with that domain. If I do a whois search, it says it's not even registered.

Yes it is a really strange domain staffed by monkeys Smile = By all means create a new account if that will solve the problem.

Thanks for the help,

Cheers.
//\\//ick.
Bondings
Ok, I created a new account. Check your pm for the password.

Please let us know if it works or not and tell us which account you would like to have; the new or the old. Wink If you want the new, then please move all your files to it.
noliver
Very Happy
Thanks Bondings - it works now.
Just gimme a few minutes to move stuff to the new account please.

I will let you know when its all done and tested etc.

Once Again ! Thanks very much !

Please dont delete the old account yet until I have finished moving/testing Smile

Cheers,
//\\//ick.
noliver
Hmm - sometimes it finds the domain and sometimes not. Most probably propagation issues ..

Bad Gateway
The following error occurred:
[code=DNS_HOST_NOT_FOUND] The host name was not found during the DNS lookup. Contact your system administrator if the problem is not found by retrying the URL.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please contact the administrator.

No sweat - no rush Smile

Cheers,
Nick.
Bondings
It works for me at the moment. I am redirected to a phpbb forum.
noliver
Bondings wrote:
It works for me at the moment. I am redirected to a phpbb forum.

Thanks very much Bondings - everything works fine now. I have copied what I need from the old account ( noliver.frihost.net) so you can delete that account now.

As for my Points and FRI$ in the forum - does it stay the same ? Do I have to start a new forum account as well ?

Cheers,
//\\//ick.
Bockman
your forum account will remain the same. all your points earned were through hard work posting, and are valid for any account Wink

Glad to see it's working

Be Well Cool
Bondings
Ok, done. Good luck with your new domain. Very Happy