FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Testing a redesign...

Donutey
I've been working on making my site easier to configure, thus my redesign is pretty much all about CSS.

I've only put the Beta redesigned pages up in one section, just as a test for now, however, I hope to have the whole site to eventually have this design (or one similiar to it)

Here are the pages (the rest of the site does NOT have this design)

http://www.donutey.frihost.net/guides.htm
http://www.donutey.frihost.net/chipset.htm
http://www.donutey.frihost.net/socketF.htm

I haven't worked that much on the colors/images etc except for the top logo, based off my sig. Rolling Eyes

Thanks for looking.
erlendhg
Its a nice and clean looking design, but maybe you could make it a bit more exciting...? It was something with the colors that was a bit boring, somehow.
I don't know, maybe its just me Razz
ccarter24
I think it looks a bit too busy. The b link and c links one opposite sides of the page are a bit confusing. And, like the previous post stated, the colors are a bit boring. The black on blue makes it looks a bit dark, but maybe that's what you're going for. It is an improvement from your other design.
Donutey
Thanks both of you, I kind of wanted a confirmation what i thought i needed to work on, and that was it. Rolling Eyes

I'm planning on working on the colors, and i'm already working on a JavaScript menu that should be a lot simpler and easy to get around on.

Thanks again.
budazz
i like your design...just make it more clear to read
testoo
I was lost when i come to your website
Just make the style cleaner and brighter...
Donutey
i think a definate downside is that i have a really nice diamondpoint/trinitron late model monitor, and lots of people have older ones that don't have as high contrast... looking at albinoblacksheep.com at school is kind of an example of that (realllllly bad dell crts, so bad that when u make a straight line in word, it wiggles... Rolling Eyes )

I think it's also that some people just don't have the contrast set very high on their monitors or haven't bothered to mess with it... so i'm going for a brighter design, convinced myself.

Thanks again.
Dustin
I like how clean your design looks, that alone makes your site very effective
reshi
Looks allright but I would space out the text more, so it doesn't look so cramped. Maybe use text divider bars?
jcool3
put up some adsense and make some money