FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Woman Carrying Human Head Arrested in Fla.

glennesau
Quote:
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - Airport baggage screeners found a human head with teeth, hair and skin in the luggage of a woman who said she intended to ward off evil spirits with it, authorities said Friday.

Myrlene Severe, 30, a Haitian-born permanent U.S. resident, was charged Friday with smuggling a human head into the U.S. without proper documentation.

Customs and Border Protection officials found the head Thursday, after Severe arrived at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport on a Lynx International Airlines flight from Cap Haitien, Haiti, said Barbara Gonzalez, a spokeswoman for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement in Miami.

"It still had teeth, hair and bits of skin and lots of dirt," Gonzalez said.

Severe told authorities she had obtained the package in Haiti for "use as a part of her voodoo beliefs," ICE Special Agent Erick Hernandez wrote in an affidavit in support of a criminal complaint.

"Severe also stated that the purpose of the package was to ward off evil spirits," Hernandez wrote.

Severe, who also was charged with failing to declare the head and transporting hazardous material in air commerce, faces a maximum of 15 years in prison if convicted of all charges, prosecutors said.

Severe remained held Friday in lieu of a $100,000 bond. She is due back in federal court March 2

--------Comcast.net Strange News

How could anyone be so stupid? Carrying a human head with them and expecting not to look like a prime target? I mean that is just nuts. I have heard of a lucky rabits foot or a golden horse shoe but never a human head. What in the world is this world comming to these days?
geeren
yes i have heared about it here in holland, was she doing voodoo or something.
Soulfire
Because maybe she believes in something that is related to it. And people say that I am close-minded.
SunburnedCactus
Voodoo is a recognised religion in Haiti, where she got the funky head. Not really my cup of tea to be honest.
rohan2kool
wouldn't it stink when it decays??
Rising
Tooooooooooooo CRAZY!
I've never heard about this HUMAN HEAD IMPORTING ISSUE.
Insanity
A human head considered hazardous waste eh.... I suppose that would make sense. Did she dig it up from a graveyard or something?
decard cain
i suppose she did, or she could of cut it off a live person, well there more chance of her digging it up. what evil spirits was she scared of? surely something else would of worked.
SunburnedCactus
Insanity wrote:
A human head considered hazardous waste eh.... I suppose that would make sense. Did she dig it up from a graveyard or something?

No, she bought it of a voodoo guy, quite probably legally.
Lennon
I belief in respect for the dead and rest in peace. I do not like seeing dead bodies littering places or abused.
xorcist
Quote:

Myrlene Severe, 30, a Haitian-born permanent U.S. resident, was charged Friday with smuggling a human head into the U.S. without proper documentation.
You can get proper documentation for carrying a human head? That's really dumb if you can get documentation at all for carrying human head into the U.S.
jongoldsz
Are you serious, she needed documentation to bring a human head to the US? What is wrong with customs officials? If a person has a human head, which has skin, hair and dirt, it is obvious some grave robbing was involved. And that the person commited a crime for just having a head.
barkman
- Anything to declare? Tobacco, firearms, fruit... human head?
> Uh, yeah, one human head, but it's not mine, it's my brother's.
decard cain
Lennon wrote:
I belief in respect for the dead and rest in peace. I do not like seeing dead bodies littering places or abused.

yeah , you're right there. some people wouldn't wreck a grave, why carry a dead persons head in your bag.
Vrythramax
Hey, I'm open to new ideas as much as the next guy...but I draw the line at carrying human remains around with me. What was she thinking I wonder.

If she was carrying it to ward off evil spirits...it sure would have warded me off!!
gonzo
She should have claimed it to be the head of her decease queer bunkmate. Then arresting her would have been a "hate" crime.
decard cain
Vrythramax wrote:
What was she thinking I wonder.

heres what she was probably thinking "why is everyone looking at me?" Eh?
Jeslyn
Quote:
...was charged Friday with smuggling a human head into the U.S. without proper documentation.

There's documentation required for bringing heads into the US?