FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Bus driver pushes passenger off bus into traffic

glennesau
Quote:
A transit bus driver grabbed a woman by the hair and knocked her head into a pole after she yelled at him for missing her stop, then opened the door and tossed her into traffic, police said.

The 52-year-old woman, who was not identified, suffered a broken shoulder.

Mario Edney, 53, the driver, was arraigned Thursday on charges of aggravated assault, simple assault, reckless endangering another person and terroristic threats, said Officer Jillian Russell, a police spokeswoman.

The confrontation occurred late Wednesday morning after the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority driver had stopped his bus on the next street after the woman's stop, and the woman began shouting at him, police said.

Edney said he had to skip her stop because of a detour, police said.

Police caught up with the driver later on his route.

--------Comcast.net Strange News

Lesson in life, do not get mad at public transit wokers. Just kidding. When I read this I was in shock. I mean we have public transit here and well I know bus drivers have bad days and all, but this sounds a little extreme.

Quote:
Edney said he had to skip her stop because of a detour, police said.

Now I know sometimes they have to take detours, but then again we don't know the full story of what really happened, the woman could have attacked the driver.
gazzar
All I know is that they take some amount of abuse of people and get there windows smashed in glasgow , scotland
chiragcoolboy
Code:
All I know is that they take some amount of abuse of people and get there windows smashed in glasgow , scotland

Yea Mad
Soulfire
Yeah, but two wrongs don't make a right either. The woman should sue or something, she can win. I mean if a lady can win suing McDonald's for spilling coffee on herself, this should be a sure win.
darknez3
Hehehehe, its Europe. Two words

BRIBE BRIBE Smile
jongoldsz
This is wrong. I think bus drivers should be checked to see if they are violent or if they over react because beating up a woman is wrong.