FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Lip kissing multiple partners can cause death

manumiglani
Quote:
People who kiss lips of more than one partner are almost four times likely to get a brain disorder that could lead to disability and eventually death, says a new study.

They said kissing one person was not linked to increased risk but said intimate kissing of different partners can quadruple a teenager's risk of developing meningitis.

Source

so guys do not kiss more than one partner. are you affected by reports like these ?

life is too short - enjoy it fully.
SkullPizza
Hey I read a study that once said that 100% of people who are born die.

Better not get born cause then you got REAL problems.
tricolor
haha that's probably bogus.
Soulfire
I really question the credibility of that, you can't trust everything you read on the internet.
manumiglani
Soulfire wrote:
I really question the credibility of that, you can't trust everything you read on the internet.

yeah you are right

and who cares if its true also.
Sappho
SkullPizza wrote:

Yes couse life is a deadly sexually transmitted disease Laughing
Lacerate-
[quote="manumiglani"]
Quote:
People who kiss lips of more than one partner are almost four times likely to get a brain disorder that could lead to disability and eventually death, says a new study.

It's probably just a rumor and I havent found anything related to that on any other sites ... for a new site that could probably pay for its webspace it has alot of advertisements and if you take a look at the right at some of the other topics ... most of them are those that are unlikely true also ... but thats just my opinion Wink
TheFaction
well it makes some kind of sense, cuz like the more partners you have sexually or not the more exposed you are to potential sickness. but as far as the whole mental disorder crap thats just redonkulous. if it were true im sure that it would be well known by all.
Jack_Hammer
It's balls, doing anything can cause death, better to live life to the full, that not to experiance life. Live fast die young.
Blaster
Those Stupid People wrote:
"It becomes an issue only if you have two or more partners. If you have one partner the risk is far lower," said leader of the study and child health expert Robert Boo

Why is it lower if you have only 1 parter. I think it is wrong. They are stupid. Look at all the people that are in there 30s. Do you see anything there? No! They made out with more then 1 person when they were young. I think it is all made up. Its just like the bansie kitten thing. A big hoax.
yatria
French kissing involves the tongue. What you do with it, and what she does with yours, is a matter of preference. At the most cautious level, the tongue does in fact enter, only to dart quickly out thus ending the kiss.

The function was performed, and technically, the kiss can be defined as falling under the classification of "French Kiss."

Now, on the other end of the spectrum, you have the type of tongue which, to borrow a clich้ from Star Trek, "goes boldly where no tongue has ever gone before".

The French kiss is the essence of kissing: capturing her mouth with desperate urgency, unifying your souls and thoughts with the mouth. By the way, contrary to popular belief, STDs cannot be transmitted via French kissing.
myrevolt
yes kissing someone gives you AIDS Twisted Evil

In all seriousness I think it has to do with who you kiss Confusedorally transmitted diseases anyone? yeah

and i think its just like any other kind of physical contact, you risk disease transfer. more people = more risk. stats.
Nyizsa
Quote:

Yes, my wife is of the jealous type also... Smile
Devil
i think we should be more carefull whom we lip kiss ,

and by kissing u can get aids too , one person got aids ,cuz the persons partner had bleeding Gums , so the aids virus was transmitted ,

to know more about aids http://www.cafe18.net/index.php?showforum=43
the_mariska
Hahaha, the first thing that came up to my mind was the motto written on my bag "Overusing of men may lead to depression and heart diseases". I can see that this ain't that wrong.. Laughing Laughing Laughing

SkullPizza wrote:

Oh S**t, I've already done this! What I'm gonna do now? I don't wanna die! Bouahahaha Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
so guys do not kiss more than one partner. are you affected by reports like these ?

I guess this 'scientifical evidence' is a crap. Or maybe they didn't get the actual reason for suffering from those diseases but connected two facts that don't have a logical connection. (Eg. the train arrives on the platform when the clock shows a certain hour, so the train moves because the clock caused so Wink )

From a much different point of view, kissing multiple partners can destroy your ability to love (and I don't mean having sex). I know that the love for a lifetime got out of fashion but I'm one of those who still believe in it. And I consider kissing as a sign of love, so I would not kiss someone not worth it :]
fading-reality
Well you can die from anything these days. They say that wearing deoderant can give you skin cancer, but I think that I would prefer everyone eventually die than everyone around to smell bad. It sounds retarded, that theory. I think that someone wants to mess with another's head.
rocky
Nyizsa wrote:
Quote:

Yes, my wife is of the jealous type also... Smile

that could cause death or serious injuries Smile , but that study its full of s**t
many of us should be dead by now Shocked
Shawnie
Life without kissing may not let you live longer............ It just seems that way Smile
ainieas
I'm dying, I'm dying, I'M DYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked
Tumbleweed
A Glasgow kiss can cause brain disorders and death.....If French kissing could... wouldnt France be one big Euro Disney by now ?
Bengt
You dont always have to believe these things. It will be true a bit i think.
Lennon
That just makes me sick (pun intended)

You're chances of developing sicknesses increase significantly upon any contact with the public.
You're chances of dying are 100%.
If you're going anywhere don't forget to leave your sense of humour behind.
chiragcoolboy
Even i think all this can't be true. Can't trust anybody in Internet world.
Liu
Well first what's the probability of dying from just kissing one partner?

If it's small (which I'm betting it is) and you multiply it even by 4, it's not going to yield any significant difference. i.e. one partner prob = .0001, .0004? Who cares.

The study is most likely true, meningitis can be spread in such a way (and it can cause death) -- but then again, if you share drinks with people and such your probability of getting it will increase. It's more like an "obvious" study. Obviously your chance of dying increases if you drive than walk.
izcool
I wouldn't necessarily trust what gets put online, as any old schmuck could have made it up to get some people to believe it.

My school's librarian told me that half of the people in Germany do not believe that September 11th happened, because of a rumor that spread around on the Internet. Go figure. Rolling Eyes

- Mike.
manumiglani
izcool wrote:

My school's librarian told me that half of the people in Germany do not believe that September 11th happened, because of a rumor that spread around on the Internet. Go figure. Rolling Eyes

- Mike.

Ah really,
"half of the people in Germany do not believe that September 11th happened," she must have heard that on the internet itself.
SSPIMP
Well i seriously doubt that is true. Plus if it is that would suck really bad.
Vrythramax
This can't be true....can it???
Vrythramax
This can't be true....can it???
seanooi
we certainly hope it's not true, cause if it is, we're in big trouble by now Laughing
saiyeek
If this is truth, I think there will be some kind of condom for kissing multiple partners... Razz
manumiglani
saiyeek wrote:
If this is truth, I think there will be some kind of condom for kissing multiple partners... Razz

may be some pills also to avoid death from kissing Laughing
EVILSKAAP
Just read the authors post an this has been on the web sometime and sunday two weeks ago it was in the paper. The specifics are, TEENS that french kiss. Thats all. And the brain disorder is meningitis. Teens and children under 5 are more vunrable to infection. So kiss as much as you like, because your only partner can also infect you, so what the hell, kiss on! NJOY
thiamshui
but how? it can't be true.. it's not logical for this brain disorder thingee to b caused simply by kissing.. or french kissing..
DarkJedi323
manumiglani wrote:
Quote:

They said kissing one person was not linked to increased risk but said intimate kissing of different partners can quadruple a teenager's risk of developing meningitis.

Source

Lol. I think we can kiss more than one person. I think you/source meant while dating someone, don't date someone and kiss both of them. Smile
bluefossil
I dont' believe it, Probably some guy who can't get any lovin.

or some religious fanatic in the same situation.
simpleHalakhah
bluefossil wrote:
I dont' believe it, Probably some guy who can't get any lovin.

or some religious fanatic in the same situation.

You ignored the point that this makes ense due to the increased vulnerability of teenagers.

In any case, as was pointed out - this is all over the respectable internet sources - for eg. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4696974.stm
lukeropro
lol I read about this somewhere and I think it's half-true and half-fake