FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Pink Panther'

shinji_x19
Critics seem to agree that Steve Martin makes a better Inspector Clouseau than other previous pretenders, including Alan Arkin and Roberto Benigni, but they also agree that no one, including Martin, has been able to recreate the character that was born out of an accent that Peter Sellers created. ("When I got his voice," Sellers once remarked, "I knew exactly how he should look.") Writes Roger Ebert in the Chicago Sun-Times about The Pink Panther: "The character isn't bigger than the actor, as Batman and maybe James Bond are. The character is the actor, and I had rather not see Steve Martin, who is himself inimitable, imitating Sellers." Michael Sragow in the Baltimore Sun writes that Martin becomes "the latest gifted comic actor to pale to near-invisibility before the memory of Peter Sellers." Jack Mathews in the New York Daily News writes: "One might be moved to say that Martin's performance will have Sellers spinning in his grave." And Stephen Holden comments in the New York Times: "The good news is that [Martin's] meticulous, witty performance offers a polished, likable gloss on a classic comic figure. ... the not-so-good news is that Mr. Martin's craftsmanship can't hold a candle to Sellers's instinctive genius."
matt87
I haven't seen this video yet, but I keep seeing the commercial for it on tv. It looks like an okay movie but not sure. Has anyone seen this movie that could give us a review of what you thought of this movie? I would like to see it as well and then post a review of my own afterwards.
seanooi
I just saw this video about 2 days ago. It was ok, not really good, but entertaining. I'd give it a 3 out of 5.
You just have to love the way steve martin talks Laughing
nakamaru
Anythig with Beyonce is fine with me.