FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

some cheating going around...

Karo
Hello:
I joined these forums yesterday; first with the intention of getting a web space for my projects... so I started participating in some forums. Then I found this activity interesting, so I have been coming back to browse comments whenever I had some spare time (not always posting whatever crossed my mind just to earn more points!). I have been reading most of them and felt a bit disappointed (well the truth is that I am annoyed...) to see that someone in the forum regarding search engine hits has simply copied and pasted someone else's comment (a long one, obviously!) ...Shame on that person. I hope it does not start becoming common practice or this will really become a long list of repeated comments... Mad
Blaster
If you are talking about the quotes I don't think that when you quote that it gives you any points/frih$ for it. So don't get all mad at something that doesn' happen. Also this isn't really the right place to put this. It should go in the genral forum.
SoftStag
There are one or two people who are blatently copying earlier posts, and posting them again as themselves. They are not quotes, but complete copies of posts from others with nothing added at all. I have pointed one or two out to the moderators, so they know this is going on...
Shake
I don't think it does give you points for quotes. That's why there is a rule that says only use the quote tag for quoting people. It won't become common practice as long as this forum serves a purpose. I'm getting bored myself waiting for the signups...I wish they would hurry up with whatever they are doing.
Karo
I clearly stated "copied and pasted"... NOT "quoted". Please do not underestimate other people's IQ!!!! Quoting is ok, obviously (as long as you do it using the appropiate means).
However, I am glad someone else did notice this practice! If it was reported to moderators, I assume they have probably been warned not to do so again - or some other action!!!
n0obie4life
Please report all rule-breaking posts to any of the moderators ( preferably me or Bondings Smile).

We'll deal with them Razz
WebSiteGuru
If I do see those kind of post. I will definately report it. Very Happy
James007
n0obie4life wrote:
( preferably me or Bondings Smile).

Que?? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Bondings
It happens from time to time that someone copies a post from another user on this forum. Unfortunately most of the time they copy posts from other forums/websites which is much harder to spot.

And we certainly appreciate it if you report this.
Panthrowzay
he same thing is happing on my fourms oh my site i just delete them if they are important or relevent i instruct the member to convert it to a article, but we dont have those here so.... yeah that is a big problem.
n0obie4life
James007 wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:
( preferably me or Bondings Smile).

Que?? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Oh well, I don't have you on my contact list in MSN Razz
MWANGI
Karo wrote:
Hello:
I joined these forums yesterday; first with the intention of getting a web space for my projects... so I started participating in some forums. Then I found this activity interesting, so I have been coming back to browse comments whenever I had some spare time (not always posting whatever crossed my mind just to earn more points!). I have been reading most of them and felt a bit disappointed (well the truth is that I am annoyed...) to see that someone in the forum regarding search engine hits has simply copied and pasted someone else's comment (a long one, obviously!) ...Shame on that person. I hope it does not start becoming common practice or this will really become a long list of repeated comments... Mad

you do not get points for quotes like the quote I've just done
Jack_Hammer
Karo wrote:
Hello:

The 'cheating' is pretty pointless anyway, though it is only really newbies to the forum that stay for a few hours of a few weeks that tend to spam and then they get board and go away so it all works out.
Soulfire
I must admit, I have seen a lot of people "forgetting" quote tags. How hard is it to type it? They even give you nifty buttons for it!
Code:
[quote][/quote]

But it doesn't happen...

Really there isn't much to be done, except give them a slap on the wrist.
Blaster
Soulfire wrote:
I must admit, I have seen a lot of people "forgetting" quote tags. How hard is it to type it? They even give you nifty buttons for it!
Code:
[quote][/quote]

But it doesn't happen...

It probley because you would get more points if you were to no quote something.

I had .37 with me quoting it. Without me quoting it i got 1.48