FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I got Yahoo! mail Beta!!!

hac
Hey guys,

I just got Yaho! mail beta now and I say it rockz! Looks so sleek and stylish. I'm just loving it. Pkus the drag are drop capabilities are astounding. Posting a screenshot now. Will post more later...

More to come. Post your comments.
Lennon
What's the spec for yahoo mail?
hac
1 Gb inbox, 10 mb attatchments, access to all free Yahoo! services, new and improved interface on its way and trust me this one is way better than gmail's.
Lennon
yahoo messenger is quite good, google has a limited chat service, not as popular as yahoo or msn messenger.
hac
I agree. After all cnet called it the swiss knife of messengers. I heard rumours that Yahoo! and MSN are collaborating to let users of each service chat with the ones in the other service. That's so cool! But the only slight grudge among Y!Messenger users is that it can consume a lot of resources and that is true.
greekcovers
So, what now ? Yahoo Beta mail is better than Google mail ? Rolling Eyes
tidruG
I was thinking about it the other day...
the reason I prefer GMail to any of my other accounts is because the labels are much easier and frendlier to use than having to put mails in folders. I just label every mail on opening it (sometimes more than 1 label per mail) and archive it (Eg: A dumb forward from a friend is labelled under his/her name and also under the label "Dumb Fwd")... and then searching for mail becomes a hell of a lot easier.\

Though the interface of Yahoo looks much sleeker (though a lot reminiscive of Outlook Express Confused), I'll stick with GMail until Y! can find a better way of organising emails efficiently and quickly.
THE11thROCK™
I love the new features of yahoo beta. However, with regard to online free e-mail service, I only choose Gmail. Nothing more, nothing less.
hac
Yes that's one thing I love about Gmail. But Gmail wasnt the first to introduce this concept. The Bat email client can do the same with any email account i.e, organise mails as threads.
Indyan
Ym is gonna beat gmail.
I had signed up earlier but I think now they ar eonly inviting people using address @yahoo.com.Mine is .co.in
todabeat
looks pretty cool.
Vrythramax
I got my own mail server (FTGate Pro) that I run off my local machine, I can have as many mailboxes as my machine can handle...YAHOO!!!!!!
mae1strom
hrm looks sexy
charredii
gmail is hot stuff

labels are nice...i'm still on the beta waiting list right now.

I'd be interested to explore beta once i get it, but gmail seems to be pretty good right now

one grudge, sometimes, gmail connection is slow, even on my home comp (which is deece) Ajax is problematic especially on slower computers, and sometimes, i can't even open the mail, but overall it's great!

plus the quick reply and forward is great!
sidewinder
I am still waiting for an invitation... Mad
u are very lucky indeed
caroline
Pictures. It’s all about those annoying picture, animated ads which show up next to Yahoo stuff. That’s the reason why I prefer Gmail, all ads are nice, unmoving text ads and are extremely ignorable.
That interface does look pretty sleek though, is this also an invite-only thing, like the original Gmail? The bouquet of flowers right next to it kind of ruins the whole computer screen though Smile What can I say? I’m a hardcore perfectionist…
Doesn’t Gmail have about 2.5 Gigs of storage? I guess up to a certain point it doesn’t really matter anymore, for instance I’m only using like 2 percent of my gmail storage. I think the google talk thing is pretty cool too Smile
But anyways, congratulations on getting yahoo beta! Hope you’re enjoying it!
thiamshui
hmm... looks cooler and cleaner than the original one.. but they should realli remove those intrusive ads at the bottom and the side.. Gmail still rawks over this though.. Very Happy
smash_group
I think google is quite good because it has a Chat function, and also more then 2704 mb free space, but the upload speed is not stable, sometimes fast but sometimes slow as a snail.
thiamshui
just got an invitation for Windows Live Mail recently.. faster and looks nicer than the original.. But similarly, there is still a big ugly advertisement there.. again, my previous stand, Gmail rawks over Yahoo! mail or Windows Live Mail.. Smile
cfackler
I love my gmail account, all its storage, and it's labels. I have been inclined over the years to not like many things offered by Yahoo! Does this new mail service attach text ads to the end of all outgoing mail?
windval
cool~~~~

how do you get it

it is so beautiful~~~

i love it so much

can you tell me how to get it?
nam_siddharth
Send me donation of 10 FRIH$ along with your old email address, if any body need gmail invitation.

Thanks.
lukeropro
nam_siddharth, you're not allowed to sell free things in the frihost forums Evil or Very Mad Anyway, i prefer gmail because of it's user-friendliness and the almost 3GB space. It totally rocks! i don't like the 10mb attachments though...
defnet
Yo I love the new Yahoo look. It's slick elegant and it seems to load so much faster. I use hotmail, yahoo and gmail.
Hotmail is the account that I use for chatting (most peeps chat with MSN).
Yahoo! Mail is my box for personal mails (family, friends NOT chatting) and I sign up at all other websites with my Yahoo! Mail account so I have alot of my account and subsciption information in this box.
GMail is the box that I use for professional things. It sounds better to walk to a company and say that your email address is something@gmail.com rather than something@yahoo.com (people are less prone to do biz with hooligans Razz).
All 3 services have their pros and cons I guess. I couldn't do without em.
lordeverkillx50
well if it is so kewl as u say then post a link ( if that is possible )
saratdear
Yes, I have got it too, and it looks really neat... But it takes more time to load than the previous one. But, I don't know why, I still like gmail for some reasons. And, everybody doesn't get it at once. The first time I tried it it said something like -
Yahoo! mail wrote:

Oh, bummer. The new Yahoo! mail beta doesn't seem to be available to you yet. It's nothing personal, we assure you.

And blah..blah..blah.. something more.
How many else have got the new one?
scorpiosemotion
I've been using Gmail and the new Yahoo Beta version both roughly about a year. I have to say I prefer gmail over yahoo any day, the spam filters are ton's better, and the drag and drop features of yahoo are annoying when your inbox gets 1000+ messages a day, I say just label and go! Then of course I have to completely agree with caroline, yahoo's adds annoy me to no end. Confused
coolclay
Yea about ads. Who the hack would want to put up with all that crap. I just looked at the screen shot above, and I almost puked. Its like watching a constant feed of popups.

I freakin love gmail, the features are just great, there is nothing I can't possibly think of that I don't like about gmail. And best of all there are barely any ads, just the little text ad banner on the side.

More space would be nice, I have filled up about 60% of my gmail space in 2-3 years. At this rate I'll run out in another 2 years or so.

But yea, screw yahoo.
a.Bird
coolclay wrote:
Yea about ads. Who the hack would want to put up with all that crap. I just looked at the screen shot above, and I almost puked. Its like watching a constant feed of popups.

I freakin love gmail, the features are just great, there is nothing I can't possibly think of that I don't like about gmail. And best of all there are barely any ads, just the little text ad banner on the side.

More space would be nice, I have filled up about 60% of my gmail space in 2-3 years. At this rate I'll run out in another 2 years or so.

But yea, screw yahoo.
Here here! That ad takes up almost a 7th of the window. And as if that weren't enough, there are three more texties with a small icon on the bottom left. I feel like I'm watching cable television. No thank you.

I wouldn't say the interface is sleek... maybe super dooper hunkydory. Personally I think those icons do anything but add to the sleekness. Maybe I'm a gmail snob. Maybe for good reason. Who knows.

Isn't all up to personal taste anyways?
a.Bird
hac wrote:
1 Gb inbox, 10 mb attatchments, access to all free Yahoo! services, new and improved interface on its way and trust me this one is way better than gmail's.
That doesn't sound any more promising imo. Gmail has 2.5 times that amount of inbox space and same 10mb attachment limit. And what's this about access to free services... isn't that what makes them... free? Interface improvement is subjective. Really, I'm not to convinced to just drop everything I love about gmail and sign up for yahoo to be made money off of.

Ah yes, and anyone who wants a free Gmail invite just holler.
SFMeatwad
Lennon wrote:
yahoo messenger is quite good, google has a limited chat service, not as popular as yahoo or msn messenger.

Google has a limited chat service?

What do you mean by this?