FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

encrypt html source

vignesh_natraj
how can i encrypt html code so that it is not displayed when some one selects
view -->Source in the browser. Question
ChrisCh
to encrypt your source, copy all of your source into the textbox on this page:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/encrypter.htm

then copy and paste its output back as your source. its not true encryption, but hav a go n u'll c wat i mean. any person trying 2 change it wud hav 2 b a serious IT expert to conpletely revert it to an editable state.
Rookiejas
Chris ch is right my dad is a it expert and he encrypts al his stuff and it takes hime 1hr to un-encrypt it to make 1 little change!
clip
It converts the html code to a document.write code. changing all the '<' and the '>' to an ASCII code. it's not really that hard to decrypt this one. but it can surely fool the fools
dandelion
Probably you will be interested in the PEAR::HTML_Crypt package.
PEAR wrote:
Description

The PEAR::HTML_Crypt provides methods to encrypt text, which
can be later be decrypted using JavaScript on the client side

This is very useful to prevent spam robots collecting email
addresses from your site, included is a method to add mailto
links to the text being generated
root
You could use javascript..
Aelita
I like that first method. Anyone know how to actually do that yourself rather than using that site. I wanna make a quick unencrypter and that would be the only way. To know how to ecrypt in the first place...
Shirish
well if u take the case of PHP ., it provides functions like crypt for encryption

but using javascript like said before , u can create your own encryptor and decryptor whixch
can convert all the characters into their ascii codes and other trivia

other tools employ the same sterategfy

if u look at amazon.com and ty to look at source , u will get nothing.

try for things like that
silentpark
there are java scripts that can do that (means you have crypted html code in the file), but they are not very strong means: you have a small part thats not encrypted and if you change some values you have the uncrypted source again. (dandelion's seems to du nearly the same Smile

but can i ask why you think you need that. i mean is it realy needed are you afraid of someone is going to stole you code? what are you offering thats that 'secret'?
Smile
faker
wow it sure is useful, at least it can prevent noobs form copying the source, make some minor adjustments, change the name and put it on their web and claim it as their own
bluffmango
yeah its a pretty handy technique but sm ppl still manage to reverse it
abhinav_shah
Nice question. I used to encrypt my php code, but now thanx to you i got some techniques to encrypt html code.
Thanx Guys...

Abhinav
ck88
I am slightly lost. Do you mean, that the encrypted HTML is still read by the browser but not displayed by the "view - source" command anymore.
hellrahul
dandelion wrote:
Probably you will be interested in the PEAR::HTML_Crypt package.
PEAR wrote:
Description

The PEAR::HTML_Crypt provides methods to encrypt text, which
can be later be decrypted using JavaScript on the client side

This is very useful to prevent spam robots collecting email
addresses from your site, included is a method to add mailto
links to the text being generated

Thanx for suggession.

This javascript technology is useful to make a normal person fool.
But Any one who knows javascript can decrypt.
ShahabJafri
I would like to add something here. Encrypting your webpages will mean making them unreadable to searchbots too. So what good is a website which isnt indexed by search engines. When you'll host a site, you will know that more than 80% of your visitors come through search engines so if you dont get good rating in search results (because the search bots cant find keywords in your pages), you'll lose visitors.
Pikokola
ShahabJafri wrote:
I would like to add something here. Encrypting your webpages will mean making them unreadable to searchbots too. So what good is a website which isnt indexed by search engines. When you'll host a site, you will know that more than 80% of your visitors come through search engines so if you dont get good rating in search results (because the search bots cant find keywords in your pages), you'll lose visitors.

you can trick it using metadata which writen every start of the page...

Oh yeah, one good encryptor&decryptor = NetTools, forgot where to download it, just searc for it using google, you may found it - it's have another usefull features too - most of them hack tools tough Sad