FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

a FEW muslim youth almost apologize to norway and denmark

gonzo
http://www.sorrynorwaydenmark.com/

half ass apology includes

Quote:
We will note that we find the cartoons to be incendiary, insulting and very abrasive. We also take issue with the general stance of the Danish Newspaper Jyllands-Posten, which has a reputation for publishing inflammatory material. Yet, it would be wrong to take away their freedom of expression, regardless of how horrid their material is. We affirm our belief in freedom of expression and people’s right to express whatever opinions they hold. However, at the same time there is a need to realize that freedom of expression is a responsibility that should not be used to gratuitously insult people’s beliefs
Let us hope that instead of emboldening the bigots, this sorry affair will bring all open-minded, tolerant and reasonable people from the Arab, Muslim, Norwegian, Danish and European communities together to unite in a continued struggle of reason against prejudice, open-mindedness against bigotry and humanity against racism..

Freedom of expression ought NOT be curtailed by others' feeling of being insulted or offended.

DUH

This plea for more "open mindedness" is simply another call to abandon principles of others in favor of Islam... albeit in a much less violent manner.
Soulfire
I agree that we have a right to freedom of expression, but just because we can do something doesn't mean we should. If you want to poke fun at people, try your best to leave religion out of it, it's too touchy a subject.

Freedom of expression can't be used as an excuse to go around and harass people, make fun of them, etc.

The makers of the cartoons should've put a little thought into their actions. Hmm, we have Islam, a religion in which people are willing to fly airplanes into buildings for their god, and we're making fun of it. "Everything will be just fine..." Right.

I don't support the muslim response either. I'm a bit curious though, notice how Islam causes 95% of the world's problems?
S3nd K3ys
Soulfire wrote:

I don't support the muslim response either. I'm a bit curious though, notice how Islam causes 95% of the world's problems?

You racist!

horseatingweeds
Those darn Danishes. Next thing we know they will be drawing cartoons of women driving cars or men fetching water.
Soulfire
S3nd K3ys wrote:
Soulfire wrote:

You racist!

It's not racism, if you look at it, it's pretty true... Sad, but true...