FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Free Graphics Programs?

Vanquish
Does anyone know of any free graphic programs I can download or anything? I know there isn't many of them around as you have to buy the good ones, but there could be some decent free ones. If so please post them here!
polarBear
The GIMP project rock too much. give it a try.
dandelion
polarBear wrote:
The GIMP project rock too much. give it a try.

Indeed, the GIMP... and the following 5022 free graphics projects. Smile
manumiglani
well there are many-

you can try gimp. www.gimp.org

photofiltre www.photofiltre.com
ateawonton
is available online and very user-friendly, I just found out about it today going through a Headfirst book on java web components Smile
jajathanja
GIMP is good. I really like Inkscape http://inkscape.org... and I also use PhotoScape http://www.photoscape.org/ for quick and simple photo editing. They are all free Very Happy
mattk71
I believe of all the free graphic programs, Gimp may be the closest to being as powerful as Photoshop.
I suggest downloading and testing all the programs suggested so far to see which one you feel
most comfortable using.
RoylanM
Gimp and Inkscape are the two I use, photoshop is too expensive
Josso
Yeah Inkscape seems bloody good, it comes packaged with Fedora
dxverm
Pxlr.com is a free online web based tool, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles but its close to the setup of Photoshop if you need to do image editing on the run.
fuzzkaizer
i use gimp, too. it is quite powerful, quite close to photoshop. if you are already trained in photoshop, you'll have a little problem, because the interaction never works in the same way, but often has a similar user surface.
Peterssidan
If you want to use GIMP as a pixel editor I recommend older versions. I was quite disappointed with the latest GIMP 2.8 and it had a bit of a perfomance problem on my computer so I downgraded to GIMP 2.4.7 and now it works perfect.
zer00ne
I use Paint.Net for most occasions and IrfanView for quick and simple jobs.
asandersdesign
I've heard great things about Inkscape and Gimp, though I've never tried either. A good way to get cheap programs and learn something: take a community college class on web design, and you'll be able to get the student discount for the design programs, which is a VERY hefty discount!!
shumicpi
You can use photoshop software to do any kind of graphics work. It is user friendly to use.
Peterssidan
asandersdesign wrote:
A good way to get cheap programs and learn something: take a community college class on web design, and you'll be able to get the student discount for the design programs, which is a VERY hefty discount!!

Yes, but there is a risk you get addicted to the pricy software and that's probably what they want.
SlashnburnSoftwareStudio
Gimp depending on how far you want to go try Blender if programming

theres always MS Paint for one offs
mehtabhk
inkspace is no doubt the leader graphic designer when one go for open source free programs....
cps31
You can try, Pixlr and iPiccy as a free editing tool.
CHAOS-THEORY
You should at least provide some details about your operating system, and computer specs.
You don't expect us to just throw random programs that might or might not work on your computer.
But if you're on Linux there are plenty of editor such as InkScape, Gimp, Pintam it all depends on what you need as a graphics editor, as animations, vectorial painting, image editing and so on, i mainly use InkScape