FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

console games

charredii
does anyone here play console games?? Y'know, there's a pretty popular Halo 2 for Xbox and a new Xbox 360 which just came out. Maybe no one's heard of it b/c it's completely backordered!

HALO RULEZ
elefas
I play a bit of Dreamcast. Shenmue rocks!!!!
rip8fan1
I have an Xbox, but hardly play it - it was a waste of money! I won't buy an Xbox 360.

I also have a Super Nintendo System - and find myself playing it more, and more. Currently I'm playing Donkey Kong Country on it.

Also have a PC, which I have many games for, and play quite often.
charredii
maybe the average age in this forum is much greater than i expected...

I can't believe so few people here play halo, you really don't know what you're missing out on!
linkman2004
I own a Gamecube. My bro recently got Metroid Prime and I'm playing that while I wait for TP to come out. Very Happy
SilverDogg
i own:

nes x3
snes x1
n64 x1
gcn x1
gba x1
gba sp x1
nds x1

and well, all of those will grow ;D.

at the moment im playing nintendogs on the ds and killer 7 on the cube =).
dorebase2006
I play Game Boy advanced (GBA) games but I don't have enough money to buy the GameBoy so I play the VBA (Visual Boy Advanced) on computer ! It's quite boring because I couldn't trade my Pokemon with my friends ! (Because I play Pokemon!)
althalus
I recently won a PsOne on an auktion (with a little help from SilverDogg Wink ) so I'll be playing some once it arrives. Probably see what rpg's I can get my hands on, as that's my fav genre when it comes to consoles. Very Happy
Hanpusu-kun
I own (at the moment thught)

A Sega MegaDrive
A Nintendo 64
A Nintendo Gamecube
A Nintendo Game Boy
A Nintendo Game Boy Pocket
A Nintendo Game Boy Color
A Nintendo Game Boy Advance
A Nintendo DS

and I HAVE owned:
A Nintendo Entertainment System
A Super Nintendo Entertainment System
charredii
so, i guess most people here are nintendo and PS1 fans...
Kelcey
charredii wrote:
so, i guess most people here are nintendo and PS1 fans...

You'll find some xbox fans. Personally I like my ps2 one hundre times more than my cube and xbox cause it has the rpgs. I'm sure if I liked FPS, it'd be xbox as number 1 for me, but that's not the case.
elefas
Hanpusu-kun wrote:

A Sega MegaDrive
A Nintendo 64
A Nintendo Gamecube
A Nintendo Game Boy
A Nintendo DS

and I HAVE owned:

Wow! You have a decent collection of Nintendo consoles! You should have kept the NES and the SNES! With these two your collection would be complete.

Well almost complete (...Virtual Boy, Nintendo Revolution)!

P.S. I wonder how the poor Mega Drive feels living with so many Nintendo
consoles!!!! Very Happy
Hanpusu-kun
elefas wrote:
Hanpusu-kun wrote:

A Sega MegaDrive
A Nintendo 64
A Nintendo Gamecube
A Nintendo Game Boy
A Nintendo DS

and I HAVE owned:

Wow! You have a decent collection of Nintendo consoles! You should have kept the NES and the SNES! With these two your collection would be complete.

Well almost complete (...Virtual Boy, Nintendo Revolution)!

P.S. I wonder how the poor Mega Drive feels living with so many Nintendo
consoles!!!! Very Happy

Well, it wasnt my fault that I lost those to consoles but wtf.
And the Mega Drive is fine Wink
benwhite
The only game I've enjoyed on the box is Halo. I prefer Halo to Halo 2 by a longshot. H-2 is just all about the shotgun and beam sword. Duel wielding is cool, but the game is way too imbalanced for good multiplayer compared to H1
Monkeydog
I own a PS2, GBA, GCN, and NDS at the moment...I have owned a Genesis, SNES(sadly both left my life a while ago), Game Gear, Xbox, PSX, and N64.
bloody_grunt
I prefer consoles over PC. The feel of the controller changes is it and my t.v. is much bigger than my monitor. I personally own
An Xbox
A gamecube
sega genesis 2
super nintendo
N64

yes I know I have a few old systems but they're still fun none the less
benwhite
We play more smash bros. on the n64 with my neighbors than anything else these days. I haven't even played Melee in like a year.
trickstott
I currently own a PS2 and a Cube. Timesplitters 2 (GC) really gets the most play of any game at my house because I can play it with my wife. The PS2 sees a lot of play for its RPGs, but I still keep ending playing and replay the Cube classics like Metroid Prime and Wind Waker.

I really am a fan of the Cube for all of its party games. I can have my friends over and just play something without setting up a LAN or anything. I love console for the ease of use and the shared gameplay experiences that they offer.
gr3gg3r
elefas wrote:
I play a bit of Dreamcast. Shenmue rocks!!!!

Shenmue is amazing. That game changed the way I looked at adventure games. I finally bought a Dreamcast about 2 years ago just so that I could play that game. That game has so many things that you can do in it. I haven't played much of Shenmue 2 on XBOX, but I heard its pretty good.

Oh, and bad news.... They have cancelled making Shenmue 3... looks like we will never know how it ends. Sad
elefas
I have played Shenmue II on Dreamcast! Two years ago I spent all my Easter Holidays trying to beat it. It is one of the most amazing games I have ever seen (considering the age of the console).

It is a reason for owning a dreamcast! I wish that Shenmue 3 would not be cancelled, when finishing Shenmue 2 the only thing you want to do next is to continue the adventure to see how it will end. Guess there would be no ending.