FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Forbidden to view page problem!

Slammer
Only recently has this problem started appearing. My project is heavily based around ajax. Although i seem to be getting this problem now even when its nothing to do with ajax, and are just trying to view certain pages. I get the Forbidden page coming up.

Code:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /user/logout.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Although the page is NOT forbidden, as it is normally accessible and when it does this, i just refresh it and it works usually. It is just starting to get really annoying!

What could be causing this? Im stumped lol.

Any help at all would be great!

Thanks
Slammer

EDIT: BTW, it isnt only happening in user/logout.php im just using that as an example. It randomly happens to any page!. Thanks again.
Daniel15
Check the error logs. You might find more information on the error.

Also, check that the script has it's permissions set to 0755. Scripts start to do weird things when they're set on 0777.

Can you please post a sample URL?
Slammer
hey thanks for your reply. No i dont have a sample URL as it just randomly happens! http://vobe.frihost.net. Although it seems to either be on the pages that have ajax or when your leaving a page that had ajax on it.

I found this in the logs:
Code:
[Fri Feb 10 10:41:35 2006] [error] [client 62.252.128.17] client denied by server configuration: /home/slammer/public_html/contacts.php

What could that mean?

Thanks
Slammer
Slammer
*bump* Surely someone has some ideas about what it can be! Ive done some further research into it and still havent found anything tho.

Thanks again
Slammer
CatBox
Could be the permmissions on contact.php are wrong .....

See if the permissions are set right on the file.
Daniel15
Quote:
[Fri Feb 10 10:41:35 2006] [error] [client 62.252.128.17] client denied by server configuration: /home/slammer/public_html/contacts.php

I was just thinking about it. That line means that the file is blocked via a .htaccess file. Check the .htaccess file in your public_html, and see if it mentions contacts.php anywhere.
Slammer
hey, thanks for the replies. Ive doubled checked ther permissions and .htaccess. I knew it shouldnt have anything to do with them, seeing as it doesnt happen everytime the page is requested. Only certain times, randomly. But i doubled checked, nothing abnormal.

May I add, that yes it is happening randomly, but once one page shows forbidden any other pages i try to access around the same time are also shown as forbidden. And then i wait about 10secs and refresh and everything is fine again...for a while.

Thanks
yjwong
What about you change the ErrorDocument to redirect back to the page you want to go? Just make a PHP header redirection point the ErrorDocument directive to it.