FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

gmails chat is now working

Srs2388
how many of you guys have used the in browser chat? I think the thing is really cool and works really well too bad yahoo dosn't have something like this but gmail is getting better and better soon, it will replace yahoo and MSN completely
i'd still use trillion.... they need to add a google talk handler
well enough of that, what do you guys think of it?
lukeropro
yup, sure it's cool but you still need to download google talk to use it, according to their tutorial.
offbeatonline
i just wish it came out sooner, it's so hard to get people to switch from AIM or yahoo or what their using when thats what everyone they know uses...
Pablo Diablo
It is pretty cool. I only have 2 or 3 contacts that use gmail, so I am assuming I can only talk to them? (Is this right?)

If I get some more friends that use gmail, I'll take a more serious look at the chat.
Karo
Sounds interesting... though I must confess that in spite of having both MSM and Yahoo messengers, I hardly ever use any of them!!! But the truth is that the number of gmail users is growing fast; so I wouldn't worry about not being able to chat with your old friends!!! Wink
charredii
I sure hope google talk will expand to the size of AIM. It pisses me off that no one really knows much about google talk. Since its not widely popular, i can't abondon AIM just yet.

but i certainly agree, gmail will overrun MSN and yahoo soon enough!
heady233
My account has the chat built in already. It's awesome, I also heard that they we're going to add the ability to read mail from a different Pop3 email. Jsut like yahoo.
Zuwiki
I believe you can use Google Talk with the Jabber protocol, which I think Trillian supports, but without voice support. I would look that up if I were you. Wink
thiamshui
i don't realli like Google Talk.. prefer MSN..

there's an official thread btw: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-8366.html
do search b4 posting..
tempoellat
I like chatting by using MSN Messenger,But it seems google will handle everythings of internet.If gmail is better than others for chatting,I will not be surprised.
Helios
thiamshui wrote:
i don't realli like Google Talk.. prefer MSN..

there's an official thread btw: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-8366.html
do search b4 posting..

Please post in the official topic.