FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Smilies question, PhP forum.

S3nd K3ys
I want to change the order of the default emoticons shown in the post reply screen. I've added some new ones and removed some redundant ones, but I want some of my new ones to show up on the main window. Is there a way to change the order without deleting then re-adding them in the order I want?

TYIA.
Maka
You can change the order in phpmyadmin, you need to go to a certain table, let me try and find the article.
Maka
Code:
To change the order of smiles go into phpmyadmin/ bbsmiles/browse
editing the # in the smilies id colum u can sort the order so u dont get several wide or high smiles in the same column distorting the page.
Once sorted u may have to go back and resize the veiw more emotions window....

But this is for nuke, there maybe the same for stand alone phpbb.
mOrpheuS
If you are not comfortable editing the tables manually.
there's another way you can do it.

There's an option to create smiley pak in phpBB administration (smiley administration section). Also an option to import a pak.
This gives you an option to download a .pak file with the smiley definitions.

just download this file, edit it with wordpad (not notepad), reorder the smileys to your hearts content, put this pak file into the "images/smilies" folder, and then import this smiley pak back into phpBB.

you may also want to check the option "Delete existing smileys before import" before importing the pak.

hope this helps.
Wink

p.s. - each line in the pak file represents one smiley, just move the lines up and down to reorder the smileys.
S3nd K3ys
mOrpheuS wrote:
If you are not comfortable editing the tables manually.
there's another way you can do it.

There's an option to create smiley pak in phpBB administration (smiley administration section). Also an option to import a pak.
This gives you an option to download a .pak file with the smiley definitions.

just download this file, edit it with wordpad (not notepad), reorder the smileys to your hearts content, put this pak file into the "images/smilies" folder, and then import this smiley pak back into phpBB.

you may also want to check the option "Delete existing smileys before import" before importing the pak.

hope this helps.
Wink

p.s. - each line in the pak file represents one smiley, just move the lines up and down to reorder the smileys.

I don't have any pak files in my forum folders, nor have I d/led any smiley paks. I have just uploaded single smilies to the smilies folder. Can I create a new pak file and if so, what would it's contents look like. I'm assuming just a list of the smilie names?

I'm not afraid to do any edits, so if there's another way I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for the help.
mOrpheuS
The pak file that you'll download will be created right then and there...like off the fly.
you needn't have downloaded it ever.

it will look something like this -
Code:
icon_biggrin.gif=+:Very Happy=+::D
icon_smile.gif=+:Smile=+::)
icon_sad.gif=+:Sad=+::(
icon_surprised.gif=+:Surprised=+::o
icon_eek.gif=+:Shocked=+::shock:

as you can see...pretty simple -
filename=+:Description or tool-tip text=+:BB code

at the bottom of the smiley administration page (where you must have added and edited the smileys before) there are three buttons (or are there just 2, I don't remember), but there definitely are atleast 2 buttons, one for creating smiley pak and the other for importing.

best of luck.
Wink
S3nd K3ys
That was it. Thanks Much!

Very Happy