FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

To care or not to care...

Read THING #1 then vote to care or to not care?
To care
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
To not care
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
To care about those that we caused an not care about the natural ones
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

zjosie729
THING #1:
It is believe by many people that extinctions are caused by humans, but many scientists believe that many extinctions are natuaral ocurrences. So should we be protecting those endangered species that we are protecting? Are they really caused by humans or are they just natuaral causes that we're wasting our time in to save? The question is not how do we know which is which, it's should we care or should we not care?
--Many fossils shows that extinctions are natural events, and 99.9 percent of all species since the start of the earth has become extinct.
--Humans has caused extinction in many ways, but still more extinction is an natural event. Over population, illegal huntin, habitat destruction and pollution are ways humans have caused extinction of a select number of species.

THING #2:
This was on the newspaper here in my city.
A jungle or something in Indonesia was discovered, and in it there were hundreds of new species that were never seen. Including a golder giraffe, and an animal that was seen a long time ago when someone was hunting, but never seen again.
Should we do more research at the jungle and study about the animals or should we just leave them alone like we've always have and let them live peacefully on their own?

THING #3 for USA people only:
Amazon rainforest is being destroyed. Do we really have the right to tell the local people what to do?

THING #4:
Exotic species cause awful harm and mortal deseases. Inspections are done to prevent it, and so is biological control. What do you think of Exotic species being in your town?
--Hawaii has the most exotic species.
gonzo
We shouldn't waste money educating the sub 140 IQ students past high school, so we certainly shouldn't waste money protecting species that are no longer "the fittest".
S3nd K3ys
Did you know that 99% of all species of life that ever existed on the earth are now extinct?

Damn humans!

gonzo
Those pesky humans are using up resouces that could otherwise be used by precious sea cucumbers, Oak Moss, or retarded puppies stuck in wells!

solution for eco-fascists: seppuku

Laughing
Lennon
agent smith from the matrix wrote:

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized you aren't actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with its surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply, and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet, you are a plague, and we...are the cure.

So true, since we don't care we can just inhabit the whole continent of Antarctica, there's loads of resources hiding under the snow.
ralphbefree
perhaps in the past all the species that we unwittingly eradicated were done in part by our lack of knowledge of the fact that we were doing so. Humans are by nature "caring". the fact is that we generally "care" only about our immediate needs and problems. Now, being 2006, we are presented with the problem of our actions causing the extinction of all these different species. We now have the information, the knowledge, this being the first step in solving the, (or any), problem. We must now act upon that action. To simply state, and accept that humans have done such autrocities in the past and to pass it off as there is nothing they can do about helping the problem in the future; is to deny their responsibilities as cetizens of this planet.
http://www.google.com/search?num=50&hl=en&safe=off&q=help+endangered+species&spell=1
whoa who knew all sorts of things that can be done...
WW.peace.love.your-fellow-rock.recycle.smiles/ralph
zjosie729
S3nd K3ys wrote:
Did you know that 99% of all species of life that ever existed on the earth are now extinct?

Damn humans!

Humans did not make all that happen. Earth formed a very long ago, and Humans evolved only shortly. Do you really think that all those species that became extinct before humans were actually caused by humans?
horseatingweeds
Why arent there new species appearing as fast as they are disapearing; if humans aren't doing it?