FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Portal for web designers

Alie
As you've already saw in the title, I want to create a portal for web designers and builders in RUnet. As muskle I'll preffer Nuke or Invision.
The main target for a site - find as much webbers as possible for common internet projects in the future.
Secondary target - to give lessons for begginers (also chat or ICQ for troubleshooting. Something like on-line help).
If anyone have any idea - please write it here! Wink

Thanks.
Sappho
Alie wrote:
Secondary target - to give lessons for begginers (also chat or ICQ for troubleshooting. Something like on-line help).

And u thing that someone will do that for free. Confused Highly unlikely. Or will u pay those ppl actually? Wink
Alie
Sappho wrote:
Alie wrote:

And u thing that someone will do that for free. Confused Highly unlikely. Or will u pay those ppl actually? Wink

Actualy, I think to make this service free, but few hours a day. For example, Sunday up to Friday at 21:00 o'clock. I don't see any problem in it... Wink
After some time I'll be able to close this chat at all, or make this service for webmoney.
Mithrandir
I think thats a cool idea and I'm sure you'll be able to get a lot of people to help you out. Once you get going I might be interested in helping. Keep us updated!
Alie
To Mithrandir: I've already started working. Actualy - thinking Confused
I'm planning to use phpNuke as a portal muscle with artworks gallery, downloading stuff module, forum and chat for online help.
But in the other hand, the question if I need all thease things. Maybe just forum and shoutbox...

One more problem is content wrighting in phpNuke. As you know, Nuke has no help tags in content module.... I've installed some other modules, but all of them have few problems....

I can use also SpaizNuke muscle for a site. Spaiz'es content module is much better than phpNuke's, but SpaizNuke has no registration, forum... And gallery modules would cause many troubles if I'l integrate it to Spaiz...
SpaizNuke has only news, download and content modules (It's just a half of the modues I need for a project). No forums, chats and shoutboxes...

Other option to use phpBB forum, add all the modules I need, but it'll take a long time! And I'm not sure the result will be better than phpNuke...

Modules I want to add into the site:

1. Content module for lessons.
2. Forum for conversating, announcements.
3. Chat for on-line help.
4. Registration module.

Modules I think to add them or not:

1. Gallery module. (Instead of gallery possible to use forum topics like here. It will save traffic and free space for the site).
2. News module. (Instead of it I can create special topic on the forum).
3. Downloads module. (it will be better than creating topics on the forum, and much less messy).

So what do you think? Which modules I must add, which muscle to use for site?

PhpNuke example you can see in my portal (sub-project Wink ) shadowtower.frih.net.
I've created it also for photoshop tutorials.
Because it's in russian I'll give direct links to the pages:
- Gallery link.
- Titorials link.
- Forum link.

I've stoped working on it because it complitely based on tutorials, but I desided to base it on on-line help and maybe tree quarters of the modules I don't need at all Smile