FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sample work

rashomon
Here's a sample of the kind of work that I do. I work for a studio doing 3D animation for TV commercials, broadcast and film. This is a test for an insecticide product for a commercial.

Thanks for viewing!
Lennon
At first glance it just looked like two layers - simple. But you have a shadow effect there that's quite remarkable. Too complicated for me.
rashomon
This was all done in Maya. Everything was computer-generated which explains the shadow effect. In the 3D cmmunity, it's called ambient occlusion.
Lennon
Is the spray can real then? I can see real shadows and reflection off the tiles and lid?
rashomon
Everything was generated in the computer. The reflections are there due to a process called raytracing.

Thanks for viewing!
rashomon
Here's another one in wireframe view. You can see that I already set up a skeleton inside the 3D model so it's ready for animation!

Thanks for viewing!
Lennon
you have to pm me when you have the beast in action so I can see, lol
rashomon
Sure dude, I already have a short video clip. I just have to find someplace to upload it.
Blaster
rashomon wrote:
Sure dude, I already have a short video clip. I just have to find someplace to upload it.

Then you found the right place. The artwork is really good. How long have you been doing this for?
rashomon
Thank you. Glad you liked it.
I started doing 3D around 1996. I started with Autocad then 3D Studio Max. I then switched to Lightwave and Maya. I also tried Softimage XSI but I was hooked with Maya's features.
a_dubDesign
nice texturing on the tiles, reminds me of my bathroom. The roach seems a little out of place. It seems like its out of perspective with the rest of the picture.

That dragon looks sweet. I can't wait to see the full version.
driftingfe3s
Ohh! Nice work. I bet its really fun to work on project like that. What software do you use at work?
XxGunner
driftingfe3s wrote:
Ohh! Nice work. I bet its really fun to work on project like that. What software do you use at work?

I think he said he uses a program called "Maya."

Also I love the wireframe Dionosaur or lets call it a monster, LOL. That stuff is crazzy man. Also if you want to upload the clip so we could see it you could upload it at:

www.putfile.com
www.getfile.biz/upload/cl.html
www.megaupload.com

I really hope you upload it to any of those then you wil get a link which you could post here then you could show everyone your good work. Keep it up.
CamiBor
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Good Work!