FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anyone tried iWeb???

mathiasnh
hey everybody,

Has anyone tried the new ilife06, and especially iWeb. I'm looking very much forward to trying it...

Mathias
photographerguy
new iPhoto is awesome.
never used iWeb, I think you have to have a .mac account and that you are limited to what you can do, it uses premade templates that aren't very customizable. Good for beginners though.
i'm just learning iMovie, iDVD, & garageband, i just bought a mac last month.
Shake
I hear you have to pay for iWeb. Someone I know just bought an iMac and loves it, except he's had a problem getting some programs to run. Programs that were designed for Macintosh. But I'm not sure if he's tried iWeb. I haven't heard from him since then.
xl64
Yes you have too buy ilife to use iWeb, there are free software for the mac to do the same job... Heard something about RapiWeaver.

For your friend, there are plenty of software he can found on versiontracker.com Wink
Sharkbite86
Shake wrote:
I hear you have to pay for iWeb....

iWeb is part of the iLife package and that is $80. if you mean like a membership thing, no, you dont have to pay for iWeb... however you DO need to pay for .Mac, but that is not required to use iWeb...
jeffsolodky
I am a big fan of Apple computers and I love all their innovations in technology and design, but lately they seem to upset me. I mean, you have to pay that $80.00 for the iLife package on a new computer, WTF, that should be standard.
Anyways, I am pretty sure that if all you are interested in is the iWeb, then you shouldn't buy the iLife package, but if you want the whole iMovie and iDVD programs (which should only be stepping stones till you get into Final Cut Pro and DVD Studio Pro), then you should spend the $80.00.
Sharkbite86
jeffsolodky wrote:
I am a big fan of Apple computers and I love all their innovations in technology and design, but lately they seem to upset me. I mean, you have to pay that $80.00 for the iLife package on a new computer, WTF, that should be standard.

What are you talking about?! It DOES come with all new macs... at least the intel macs...