FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you play the Drums?

Hippie
Do you play? How long have you played? What set do you play on? What style of music? Right handed or left handed, or hybrid? Favorite drummer of all time?
Hippie
oops forgot to put my own info in.
I've played for like 11 years, on an old peice of crap Ludwig set. 7pc. I try to play any and all kinds of music, though i think jazz requires the most talent. Play a weird left/right handed hybrid. Meaning I have my left hand on the hi hat and right on the snare, but in normal right handed drum configuration....call me crazy. Many good drummers out there, and although i'm not a huge fan of the band, i'll have to go Carter Beauford from dave Mathews band. He's got some good stuff.
falsealarm
I used to sort of play. But I got really into guitar again. Lol my kit is so crappy that i dont even know what its called. its like a sparkley blue and it looks like its from the 1920's lol
Ioana
No, I don't Play drums.
Insanity
Whoa, you play hi hat with your left in a regular drumset configuration? Doesn't that give your left arm cramps or something? I've just picked up the drums, like a month or so, and I'm having trouble keeping a steady beat. Been practicing to a metronome, but I just can't get it. Sad

Rock is my thing, although jazz looks pretty interesting. Trouble is that I was low on cash and didn't want to spend a lot so I ended up with a crappy $150 drumset that sounds like crap...

Awesome drummers: Mike Portnoy, Neil Peart, Travis Barker ( Very Happy )