FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How is it done?

sciondestiny
Hey everyone, How are you all doing?

A.
I was wondering if you guys could help me on something that I am stuck trying to answer myself! Could you please go to this site:

Lineage II

I was wondering if someone could kindly take the time to explain to me how that is all done. I mean if you go to the menu on the left side and click on

"New Player Guide" >> "Races, Classes and Skills" >> you will see a menu with different names of races in it. Also the whole website is done in a very nice design and I was wondering if maybe you guys could tell me how they do that.

B.
I was wondering if you guys could answer my second question which concerns pre-made programs that are installed on your site and you use them to make your site. Such as E107, Nuke-Evo and so on... Are there any such programs that could do somethign for me like the above site, I mean I would control how everything would go but it would create all the menus and dropdowns and graphical stuff, please help and explain.

Thank you guys for taking your time in explaining me this and reading my question!
eznet
There is really no simple way to tell you how that is all done. First it is beyond my ability and second I doubt that anyone can tell you exactly without writing the page for you. To create a site like the one you have linked to you would have to know the ins and outs of php (assuming that you already know HTML like the back of your hand).

e107 and Drupal are a couple of good CMSs (in my opinion). You can make a CMS do anything you would like, you just have to edit it to make it able to do it. e107 is the prettiest out of the box I have tried. There are alot of extensions for it so you can customize your site. Drupal has the most documentation as well as the most open-ended style for editing. Really, it all boils down to how much time you want to invest.
Loathing in Fear
Becouse of the last crash of the server, it is undergoing some heavy testing (becouse of the new hard and software)
They are testing everything until mid february, after mid february Hosting account will be accepted again.

To make a good site, like that, you need:
Great Knowlegde of Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro and other drawing programs,
You need to be very good at Flash and Macromedia stuff.
You have to be good at PHP, HTML and CSS
Marston
Yeah, the menu's done using JavaScript. Search www.dynamicdrive.com or www.javascriptkit.com for something like that to use on your site.
Hunterseaker
yep its just javascript, there are a lot of variations in the script, ive seen that menu in lots of variations, tho the sites are in dutch so i dont think you can use them. but its quite easy to make, the menu, i can tell you that
i had such system on one of my sites