FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

TS or Vent servers

TheDrunkenClam
Does anyone know of a good place to get a Teamspeak or Ventrilo server? Also, what kind of prices should I expect to pay for one?
root
Search google for a vent server...just choose vent over teamspeak
Deji
i always find people tend to use team speak more often ?

not realy found many people using vent.
gh0stface
Deji wrote:
i always find people tend to use team speak more often ?

not realy found many people using vent.

What country are you from?

Back when I played CS competitively, our clan used Ventrilo. I like Ventrilo a lot better then TeamSpeak. Ventrilo wasn't as cluttered and seemed like it used less memory then TeamSpeak did.
elcyron
TheDrunkenClam wrote:
Does anyone know of a good place to get a Teamspeak or Ventrilo server? Also, what kind of prices should I expect to pay for one?

ventrilo.com has a number of hosters on their site. question is do you realy need a server of your own?
if you can live with TS there's dozens of free servers that will let you create your own channels and set a codec
Frag
Most people nowadays prefer Teamspeak, dont blame them, its got better options on it.

If your looking for servers, I would suggest an american hoster as there usually cheapest, check out google.
Malkin
i know that you can get ts servers for free and host of your comp,my old clan had one
Bengt
mohaaservers.nl !
rory
Do what I did.
I designed a guys website and in return he gave me a free website.
Good exchange if you ask me.
Rory
Jamatu
If you have a fast enough internet connecton you can host a Ventrilo server off your own computer. VT have recently added licsensing to there newer version so you will have to user I think it's version 2.1 or lower to host a server if you want alot of people to join.

Other than that you can look around on current VT servers and see if someone will offer you a free room, we did that, only thing is if more than 35 people join it seems to crash the server:\

And if none of those work for you, search google for paid ones Razz
rory
Yeah I was going to do that but my dad ordered the wrong broadband.
He got the one with the dynamic ip.
But in a year I'm getting fullrate unlimited bandwidth with a static ip.
Thats when my contract with my isp I'm with runs out.
Then I will host heaps of servers and hand em out free. Very Happy
Also maybe a few websites, and gaming servers.
But only if your my mate Wink (thats for the game servers, save me having to dish em out cos I don't have mates)
Rory
root
Frag wrote:
Most people nowadays prefer Teamspeak, dont blame them, its got better options on it.

If your looking for servers, I would suggest an american hoster as there usually cheapest, check out google.

people that are actually good at the games they play use vent, I dunno what you're talking about