FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is Pop3 email working

saiyeek
I am using outlook express as my mail client
I own a domain nitesh.com.np of which i read and send messages from this domain. I use following settings in my mail client
Incoming : mail.nitesh.com.np
SMTP : mail.nitesh.com.np

I don't have any problem with downloading the mails but with sending mail i get the error that messages couldn't be sent. What is the problem?
Animal
Could you post the exact error message you are getting?

If it states that you do not have the correct certificate on your computer and the message can't be sent, it's because you have configured your mail client to use TLS. I don't use Outlook Express, so this may not be entirely accurate, but if you go to TOOLS > ACCOUNT SETTINGS then edit your website's mail profile, find the smtp settings and set TLS to off (I think the default setting is "On if available" but this will still not work)

If the message states that the server names do not match, I think you may need to lower your default security settings, but again, since I don't use Outlook Express, I won't be able to give you guidance on this. Your domain only points to the Frihost server, so when you send a mail using mail.nitesh.com.np, it is redirected through the frihost smtp server. Because the names do not match, it can be flagged by your software as a potential security problem. If your default settings for security are "High" then it won't send the mail. Set it to a medium value and it will probably alert you to the domain name difference and let you decide whether to send it or not. A "Low" security setting will not alert you at all, it will send it anyway, but this setting is not a good idea.

Hope this helps Very Happy
ChrisCh
im having the same problem - i posted in this forum about a week ago on the subject but i didnt get any help. it lets me download the messages fine but not send any. i use mozilla thunderbird and i am using the correct settings as given when you create the accounts, and using SMTP port 25, with no TLS. is there an alternate port number that i can use? or something that will let me send email through an email program without having 2 use webmail? Smile
Animal
Are you using your domain name (for example mail.yourdomain.com or mail.yourdomain.frih.net)? If so, I think mail.frih.net should work too - if you try that, it might prove if the problem is related to your domain rather than the server. I use my own domain with Frihost and mail.e-ignite.co.uk using SMTP port 25 works no problem at all.

If after this you are still having problems, you could use a program like QK SMTP Server - this sends mail directly from your computer to the recepient's mailbox rather than from your computer to your mail server to the recepient's mailbox. It has its drawbacks though - some ISPs block email from non-qualified domains, so the fact that mail comes from your IP address may cause the ISP to block the mail.
I would suggest this as a temporary solution until you get this problem sorted - I believe Bondings is away at the moment, and I think he would be best placed to help you out.
saiyeek
Animal wrote:
Are you using your domain name (for example mail.yourdomain.com or mail.yourdomain.frih.net)? If so, I think mail.frih.net should work too - if you try that, it might prove if the problem is related to your domain rather than the server. I use my own domain with Frihost and mail.e-ignite.co.uk using SMTP port 25 works no problem at all.

Doesn't work
n0obie4life
Did you even create an email in Directadmin at all Smile

Make sure the pop3 login and password is correct.
Daniel15
n0obie4life wrote:

Also, I believe that the SMTP server needs SMTP Authentication. So, you'll need to turn on 'SMTP Authentication' in Outlook Express.
saiyeek
n0obie4life wrote:

What a silly question, do you think am I that foolish?? And, I said I can download mails but cann't send them, will I be able to download mails without pop3 login and password???