FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

waht is wrong with muslims???

riyadh
it is good to hear that the Imam from a London mosque was arrested recently. but thing is, he should have been arrested earlier. i am really embarassed as a muslim to hear that he has been preaching hatred and murder. islam for some reason is taking a wrong turn. i think all muslims out there preaching innocent people that killing will get you into heaven should be hanged.
S3nd K3ys
riyadh wrote:
it is good to hear that the Imam from a London mosque was arrested recently. but thing is, he should have been arrested earlier. i am really embarassed as a muslim to hear that he has been preaching hatred and murder. islam for some reason is taking a wrong turn. i think all muslims out there preaching innocent people that killing will get you into heaven should be hanged.

Killing them for preaching hatred and murder is like killing people for making cartoons. If what they're saying is insighting violence against innocents (specifically women and children), they should not be allowed to speak publically. They probably shouldn't be killed, unless they've directly supported (thru finance or any other means) someone killing an innocent.

It's refreshing to hear a muslim speak out against something that is obviously wrong. I know it happens, but you don't hear about it often enough.

The real problem here is going to unfold very shortly I'm afraid. There will be a strong clash of virtues. Worse than we're seeing now, because when the radical Islamists realize that we don't give a crap if they try to mock our creator/deity or the holocaust, (especially if they're doing it out of spite), they're going to freak out and do something really stupid.

When the rest of Western Civilization wakes up and realizes just how many of the radical Islamists there are, and how far they're willing to go, they're going to attack it viciously and thoroughly.

It's situations like this, and what happened in France, and Russia, and many other places, that are slowing shedding light for the Western world to see what is really going on.

It's going to get ugly soon.
Dan77
riyadh wrote:
what is wrong with muslims???

S3nd K3ys wrote:

It's refreshing to hear a muslim speak out against something that is obviously wrong. I know it happens, but you don't hear about it often enough.

Ther is part of your answer riyadh. Not enough moderate rational muslims will speak out against the unIslamic acts of the radicals.

I really believe that if the muslim world took these radicals in hand, arrest them when they start to preach their murderous hatred, locate and freeze the funds of radical groups and other tactics to limit their reach and effectiveness. Then the western world would have no excuse or reason to interfere in the muslim countries.

Islam appears to have been hijacked by radical fundamentalist thinking and only true god loving muslims can fix that, it can't come from outside Islam because that won't be accepted.

The reallity is that good moderate rational muslims make up by far the majority, they must realize they have the right and the power to reclaim their religion and bring it the respect it is due. They will risk retaliation from the radicals, but if they don't do it I theink S3nd K3ys is right.

S3nd K3ys wrote:

The real problem here is going to unfold very shortly I'm afraid. There will be a strong clash of virtues. Worse than we're seeing now, because when the radical Islamists realize that we don't give a crap if they try to mock our creator/deity or the holocaust, (especially if they're doing it out of spite), they're going to freak out and do something really stupid.

When the rest of Western Civilization wakes up and realizes just how many of the radical Islamists there are, and how far they're willing to go, they're going to attack it viciously and thoroughly.

It's situations like this, and what happened in France, and Russia, and many other places, that are slowing shedding light for the Western world to see what is really going on.

I think that only Islam itself can avoid this happening. And that means people like you getting together and speaking out in the mosques, protesting in the streets and letting the radicals know that they are not welcome in the muslim world.

This will not create an immediate fix, but it will make the outside world more sympathetic to wards muslims and it will make it much harder for the radicals to attract new recruits.

In the present situation the terrorists and radicals feel that they are the heroes of Islam. If they can be made to feel like outcasts and rejects from Islam very few will want to join them.
As I said, only they respected and moderate muslims and their leaders can bring this about.
Lennon
I respect the will to do the right thing, but I think the muslim hierarchy should decide properly on a life-respecting interpretation of the Qur'an.
Lord Klorel
Ok, making cartoons about religions is maybe not a good idea, but why must buildings be burned and destroyed?

The newspaper that printed the cartoons has send there sorry for it, but why is the islam community still so hatefull?

I can be wrong but i think that the outcome of the cartoons is not the only reason for this hate and destroy of western buildings. It is just like a drop which does overflow the bucket.

I hope that all the nations in the world can find out how to stop this destructions on a peacefull way.

If someone thinks that i hate the islam then you are completly wrong!!!
ldnet
the buildings where most likley burned down by the US government, i have a feeling that bush is involved in it after watching alot of videos about it. but yeah theses "terrorists" did crash some plaes somewhere and i think they should be killed because they dont help the religioin by attackign inncoent people.
S3nd K3ys
Lord Klorel wrote:

The newspaper that printed the cartoons has send there sorry for it, but why is the islam community still so hatefull?

The radical Islamic community sees the apology as weakness and they were only encouraged to be more violent because of it. Just like in France.
S3nd K3ys
ldnet wrote:
the buildings where most likley burned down by the US government, i have a feeling that bush is involved in it after watching alot of videos about it.

LoL. You don't belong here, you belong at DU with the rest of the BushChimpyHitler club.
ldnet
the US economy is going down and it will fall very very soon. their $ is shit, if their ally countrys take away the support they give, the us is gone.

takes 2 billion a day to run the usa economy, which is all given by its allied contrys. usa is in 7. somthing trillion $$ of dept, they will NEVER get out. so yeah they are in a very big shit hole. lol lmao
ABurja
The thing that pisses me of with these discussions is how generalised Muslims (and other ethnic groups) are. Just because a bunch of religious fanatics and maniacs are out causing havoc, does that automatically make every Muslim out there a terrorist? Hell no!

Yes it is true that a large group of the worlds terrorists are coming from Islamic country’s, but that is not Islam’s fault. Terrorists have to come from somewhere, and have some religion. It could might as well be Buddhism, or Hinduism or even Christianity. There are plenty of 'good' Islamic countries. Take Saudi Arabia for an instance, its a peaceful country with a law abiding population. You can leave a brand new Mercedes with the keys in the ignition in the middle of town, and it will be there when you get back, you cant even do that in Western Europe.
Soulfire
ldnet wrote:
the US economy is going down and it will fall very very soon. their $ is ****, if their ally countrys take away the support they give, the us is gone.

takes 2 billion a day to run the usa economy, which is all given by its allied contrys. usa is in 7. somthing trillion $$ of dept, they will NEVER get out. so yeah they are in a very big **** hole. lol lmao

Allies? We have almost no loyal allies. We rush to everyone's aid when we need it, pledging money, time, and efforts that could be spent elsewhere. What happens when we need our allies? They back out. They drop us, and they don't care.

Some alliance.

You are truly underestimating the power of the United States. Yeah, our currency is weak to the Euro, but we are one country, the Europian Union is MANY countries.

We haven't even hit 1 trillion in debt, we're in the billions right now, and like I said, our allies aren't lifting so much as a finger to help us (with a couple exceptions here and there).

Sorry folks, your world superhero can't help you anymore. Without the U.S., our allies would be nothing.
Lennon
Soulfire,
the very day Blair sided with Bush after 9/11, Bush declared Britain a true allie of the US. And he's kept to it.

This is NEVER GOING TO END. War is inevitable, just as people are inevitably wrong everywhere. I've been wrong at times too. Just this religion debate is starting to raise my blood pressure.
LukeakaDanish
S3nd K3ys wrote:

Thats what i suspect.

I am Danish (duh), but let me start by saying I dont think those pictures should have been printed. The freedom of speech which we "are given by law" may say differently but i feel that the person who decided to print those pictures should have thought for a second, and then maybe realized that offending 1Bn people isnt the most ingenious thing to do, be it legally and/or morally correct or not.

That having been said i think the reaction from the muslim world is SO much over the top i cant even begin to describe it.

For a start:
The pictures where obviously a joke...no sence of humor?
The Qu'ran, while not as peaceful as the bible, does mostly teach people to behave propperly --> not to go burning buildings and killing people. Like the bible can of course be read in many ways. The bible does essentially tell us to hate gays. I hope no-one minds me saying that isnt what we should do anyway. That is the way the modern muslims should follow their religion. With SENCE.

I am scared. 1Bn people hate me. Its kinda stupid that i should be scared in year 2006, but concidering how much damage terrorist already have done, i feel very vulnerable. The middle east is insane! The governments havent developed since the middle ages and therefor think like our governments did in the middle ages and, it seams, most of people follow what their leeders say without ever thinking for themselves. I dont hate muslims. I have friends in denmark who are muslims. But I hate not feeling secure.

Also in my oppinion no-one is going to make up for 1000 years of missing developement by talking nicely. There will be war. Prey to Allah or whoever you believe in that it wont be nuclear. Because once anyone throws one of those missilies the world wont be the same. Not ever again.
ocalhoun
LukeakaDanish wrote:

I am Danish (duh), but let me start by saying I dont think those pictures should have been printed. The freedom of speech which we "are given by law" may say differently but i feel that the person who decided to print those pictures should have thought for a second, and then maybe realized that offending 1Bn people isnt the most ingenious thing to do, be it legally and/or morally correct or not.

That would be letting the terrorists win. I mean giving up our hard won freedoms to appease the muslims because they'll blow us up and burn us if we don't.
maclui
Muslims are difficult to understand, they are irrational. I just hope I do not have one as a neighbor.
LukeakaDanish
ocalhoun wrote:
LukeakaDanish wrote:

That would be letting the terrorists win. I mean giving up our hard won freedoms to appease the muslims because they'll blow us up and burn us if we don't.

In some ways you are so right...in an other way...publically voicing an oppinion that women should stay in their houses and follow the laws of their husbands, wouldnt be popular in our countries. It might be legal but that doesnt matter. You might aswel not bother...you know it wont do you any good. So why do it?
Soulfire
Just because we can do something doesn't mean we always should. If you choose to poke fun at someone, leave their religion out of it - it is too personal of a thing.
futuredragonnn
I think religions are all about creating a more harmonious world. But some fanatics really take the wrong turn. Killing preachers are simply exploiting innocent people.
gonzo
ldnet wrote:
the US economy is going down
oh?

Quote:
and it will fall very very soon
can we have some specific stock tips first?

Quote:
if their ally countrys take away the support they give, the us is gone.
dude you have it very backwards. The US provides funding .. not visa versa.

Quote:
lmao
Rolling Eyes
blackheart
There's absolutely nothing wrong with muslims.

Unfortunately, the ignorant, stupid and gullible people out there look at a couple corrupt leaders and let it shape their opinion of the entire Islamic community.

(I wonder if Americans realise the world could apply the same logic to them and their leader, George W Bush).

I mean, predjudice against muslims/Islam has to be as stupid as actually believeing Australian students ride kangaroos to school.
blackheart
maclui wrote:
Muslims are difficult to understand, they are irrational. I just hope I do not have one as a neighbor.

And you sir are the ignorant, stupid AND gullible rolled into one...
Lennon
I agree, ignorant and stereotypical. I have a muslim friend who's more friendly and non-violent. And the muslim guys round here seem very friendly and non-violent too.
S3nd K3ys
blackheart wrote:

Unfortunately, the ignorant, stupid and gullible people out there look at a couple corrupt leaders and let it shape their opinion of the entire Islamic community.

(I wonder if Americans realise the world could apply the same logic to them and their leader, George W Bush).

I mean, predjudice against muslims/Islam has to be as stupid as actually believeing Australian students ride kangaroos to school.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with most muslims.

Unfortunately, the ignorant, stupid and gullible people out there look at a couple posters providing information on how many muslims are acting and try to play the 'ignorant racist' card. Facts are facts. Muslims are rioting ALL OVER THE WORLD because of some cartoons. Christians aren't. Catholics aren't. Jews arent. Muslims ARE.

I mean, perdjudice against muslims/islam has to be as stupid as actually believing Muslims attacked the US on 9/11.
blackheart
S3nd K3ys wrote:
blackheart wrote:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with most muslims.

Unfortunately, the ignorant, stupid and gullible people out there look at a couple posters providing information on how many muslims are acting and try to play the 'ignorant racist' card. Facts are facts. Muslims are rioting ALL OVER THE WORLD because of some cartoons. Christians aren't. Catholics aren't. Jews arent. Muslims ARE.

I mean, perdjudice against muslims/islam has to be as stupid as actually believing Muslims attacked the US on 9/11.

I'd liken it to being poked with a stick non stop.
You can be the Muslim. Some arse-hole pokes you with a stick constantly for a few years, and for a couple seconds gets board and pokes me (the devout Christian).
As I have not just been poked with a stick for a long time prior to this, I just shrug the a-hole off.
How-ever, when he turns back to you, understandably, you are a little more irritated than I was.

This is how the media treats Islamic people. Also, Christian people aren't being attacked like the Islamic people are - hence what would they protest over? Compare the living standard of an Islamic country, to a more dominantly Christian one. Compare the turmoil and war in these countries to where you yourself live. You might be a different person if that were your living standard tat you had to put up with.

In all seriousness, predjudice is ignorance. Go live with a muslim family for a month - not just a family but a community - and I think you'll see what I mean.

All religion's are essentially the same in values and moralistic teachings - it's just the men in power over them that ocrrupt their image.

ALSO - would it interest you to know that a Muslim family holds the key to the church centred over the place where Jesus was crucified in Jerusalem (which I have visited personally) - because the Christian and Jewish families can't be trusted not to withold it from each other?
S3nd K3ys
blackheart wrote:

I'd liken it to being poked with a stick non stop.
You can be the Muslim. Some arse-hole pokes you with a stick constantly for a few years, and for a couple seconds gets board and pokes me (the devout Christian).

Oh give it a break. It's not a stick. It's a piece of paper. They're not getting poked with it, it's being printed and distributed electronically. It's not hurting them physically, yet they're inflicting physical damage.

Quote:
In all seriousness, predjudice is ignorance. Go live with a muslim family for a month - not just a family but a community - and I think you'll see what I mean.

If I converted to Islam, I'm sure I'd fit in fine.
ainieas
S3nd K3ys wrote:
blackheart wrote:

If I converted to Islam, I'm sure I'd fit in fine.

You don't have to convert. I've friends who have lived with us but then they didn't have a veil of biased thinking clouding their judgement of the right and wrong.
Lennon
The Catholic Church used to teach fire and brimstone for everyone for doing anything wrong, in reference to hell, and that's this world is messed up and we're all wrong. If you weren't a Catholic you were doomed. If you were a Catholic and you did the slightest insult to the Catholic doctrine or hierarchy you'd be doomed to hell with mortal sin.

Since Vatican II we've had a deep look at ourselves and opened up to reason and redemption.

Muslim faith needs a renewal like this.
gonzo
ainieas wrote:
[but then they didn't have a veil of biased thinking clouding their judgement o.

That's a VERY BIASED thing for you to say!!
Lennon
hee hee, Laughing Laughing Laughing

oh, you gotta laugh it's hilarious. Laughing

Ahem, yea ya see i love the veil analogy, as long as you're not talking about the real veils. I love metaphors. Just how easy it is to take the mickey and make a laugh of mis-quoting people.

Gonzo, I don't know if you've been intentionally misinterpretting people, but anyway she was just using a metaphor.

Right?
Carupieara
gonzo wrote:
ainieas wrote:
[but then they didn't have a veil of biased thinking clouding their judgement o.

That's a VERY BIASED thing for you to say!!

No! I think that spoke very highly of his friends.
Lord Klorel
ABurja wrote:
The thing that pisses me of with these discussions is how generalised Muslims (and other ethnic groups) are. Just because a bunch of religious fanatics and maniacs are out causing havoc, does that automatically make every Muslim out there a terrorist? Hell no!

From what i understand about what you are writing you think that every muslim is marked as terrorist? Not every muslim is a terrorist. I know a few muslims and i can live perfectly in harmony with them. It are just the extreme persons that makes that a lot of people are marking them that muslims as terrorists.

As i sayed before: i see not every muslim as a terrorist. I am a normal catholic person and i am not, i repeat I am not a radical muslim hater. I can perfectly live with them in harmony. As long that everyone live in regulation with the rules.

I hope that you understand my point of view.