FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My first OperaWidget

rohan2kool
I've made an OperaWidget for Opera9 today. Well, BTW today only I learned how to make OperaWidgets. It is basically a widget that calculates your BMI(Body Mass Index) and gives you suggestions how to improve based on your weight and height. Weight can be in kgs/pounds and height in meters/centimeters/inches (select from drop down menu).

To run it you need Opera9. Download the Widget from here: http://www.geocities.com/tritium_skinz/bmicalc.zip . Then unzip the files to a folder you like. Then go to File>Open and navigate to the folder you saved the file to. Then in the file Dialog, select Files of type as 'All Files'. In the files that appear, select config.xml. Presto.. the widget would be up and running...

Please give your comments on it...

Here's a screenie:

NOTE: The suggestions given through the widget are not of a diagnostic nature. Please consult your doctor before you follow any advice. BMI is not an accurate calculation of your fitness levels. BMI threshold data taken from www.wikipedia.org. The author is not responsible for any results either wanted or unwanted caused due to the use of this widget.
boringest
cool, this is really good. Maybe you can teach us all how to make widgets!
PuNGS
I want to know: those widgets are done with HTML? How can I make one?
Thanks in advance.
rohan2kool
Well making widgets is really simple. A widget is just an HTML page.. All you need to do is create a config.xml file and index.html file, both in the same folder. Check out my config.xml file for more details. Also, the index.html file will be the first file to open. Couple it with JavaScript... make it like a webpage and then run it in Opera by opening the 'config.xml' file...

Thanks for the comments Wink