FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Internet crashes, getting the following error...

NuniPio
my internet seems to crash although in network connections it still says internet connected, so i restart and the following pops up..

anybody know what this means? or if this is the cause of my problem?
Srs2388
well, thats not IE that wasn't responding, so try to find this in msconfig's startup
theawtoolkitwindow
see if its there if you dont think you use it or are not sure ask here
then remove that, reboot and everything should be okay
Animal
Yeah - this sounds a bit suspicious. Possibly spyware - it often masquerades as a "toolkit" or "toolbar" for Internet Explorer.

Firstly, I would try running a scan for spyware and see if "theAetToolkitWindow" shows up. Secondly, look for theAetToolkitWindow in your Add/Remove Programs dialog (START > SETTINGS > CONTROL PANEL > ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS). If it's there, uninstall it.

The next thing to check is your computer's starup programs. Go to START > PROGRAMS > STARTUP and right-click and delete anything that's in there that you don't use regularly - deleting everything in here won't cause any problems unless a program that you use all the time is in there. Next, go to START > RUN and type "msconfig" without the quotes. In the next window that opens up, select the Startup tab, and look through this list. Again, disable stuff you don't need or use.

When you restart your computer, a warning box will open about the startup parameters. Check the box in the bottom left corner then hit close. Once you've done that you should hopefully be sorted.
SoftStag
I think this is something to do with Java. Abstract Window Toolkit is part of Java - I think this is the same thing.

I would try uninstalling Java, see if that helps. If so the download and reinstall java again.

Hope this helps
broken2144
Are you using NetZero? If not, it's probably spyware. If you are, call tech support. Or try reinstalling their software and see if it helps.

--RF
scottdallas
well do you know what the awtoolkit is? i never heard of that. i would assume thats spyware and grab a copy of 'hijackthis' real fast. never hurts to check. plus check your msconfig. that gets loaded up with junk too and you can turn things on and off that waste your ram and processor.
NuniPio
SoftStag wrote:
I think this is something to do with Java. Abstract Window Toolkit is part of Java - I think this is the same thing.

I would try uninstalling Java, see if that helps. If so the download and reinstall java again.

Hope this helps

yea, i think its a java problem as it only cuts off the net when i open azureus, which runs off java (i think) and that window pops up when i try to shutdown not when im starting up. im using windows xp professional SP1, could that be the problem? do i need to install some kind of a hotfix or something?
SoftStag
NuniPio, like I said, I would remove and reinstall Java. Also, install SP2! You are missing a lot of security updates without SP2, everyone should have it installed!

Yes, Azureus does use Java. It might also be worth uninstalling and reinstalling that.
abhinav_shah
The problem is related to Java. Java has a GUI library called AWT.
Just check out in msconfig.

Abhinav Shah
NuniPio
abhinav_shah wrote:
The problem is related to Java. Java has a GUI library called AWT.
Just check out in msconfig.

Abhinav Shah

wat about msconfig? it doesnt run on startup..i sed that earlier and also i have tried uninstalling java and azureus and reinstalled them but the problem still exists, any other suggestions?
NuniPio
anybody?? its kinda annoying not being able to use my torrents...
Animal
Is the problem only when you use your Bit Torrent client, or can you not use your internet browser either?

If it is just when you use azureus, try another non-java based client.
NuniPio
yea its only when i run azureus...but i have half finishied downloads which i want to finish...is there a way that i can atleast get it running??
kmacroxs
1. just keep restarting the adapter
or
2. join or create an ad-hoc(computer-to-computer) network connection

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
FunDa
Did u try reinstalling Java. That should work.

Just Google for the latest Java Runtime Environment download. That should make Azureus work fine.

P.S. I can't see the image u attached. What exactly does the error say ?
albuferque
Try with another torrent client, think also that it could be some malware that's launched(infected) when your client is active.
jdelfire
Since everything is pointing out to the java...
do the basic uninstall and reinstall java... installing different torrent program may not help
mOrpheuS
There's always the possibility that the OP is living with this problem for almost 4 years now, but I'll wager otherwise. Neutral

-close-